Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playlist-Tools-SMP (Read 60219 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Playlist-Tools-SMP

Reply #225
1. How do we change the queries that are used, for example, in Quicksearch>Same date (where I'd like one to show "Same ORIGINAL RELEASE DATE") or in Playlist Tools>Top rated from 2023?
- You don't. Use Playlist Tools/Dynamic queries for that, where you can add and save your own expressions.
- Use 'from year entry...' No need at all to complicate it with custom entries. You don't like that, add a 'search top tracks from date' button and configure the date.

I'm really sorry to have to ask this but how do I configure the date?

I'm not sure if I need to edit the buttons_search_top_tracks_from_date.js file in Notepad++? Look daunting.

That file says at the top "You can configure the number of tracks at properties panel" so perhaps that's where I need to be looking but I can't for the life of me figure out what/where is the properties panel?

And I don't understand what
'Use from year entry...'
means.
Read the tooltip of the button...

Reply #226
On CUI, weird things happen with pseudo-transparency enabled on standard panels if background is not painted. Just checked. Maybe it's the same on DUI (?) The panel caption is shown below the actual panel background, even if the layout has been set to hide captions. So well that's a CUI bug or SMP is doing weird things on transparency mode. Will report it.
[attach type=image]24598[/attach]
Reported here.
https://github.com/reupen/columns_ui/issues/658

Reply #227
Read the tooltip of the button...
Sorry again. That was particularly lax of me. I've got it now, thanks.

1) But re this:
1. How do we change the queries that are used, for example, in Quicksearch>Same date (where I'd like one to show "Same ORIGINAL RELEASE DATE") or in Playlist Tools>Top rated from 2023?
- You don't. Use Playlist Tools/Dynamic queries for that, where you can add and save your own expressions.
- Use 'from year entry...' No need at all to complicate it with custom entries. You don't like that, add a 'search top tracks from date' button and configure the date.
I don't understand what
'Use from year entry...'
means?

And "No need at all to complicate it with custom entries." Complicate what? What do you mean by custom entries? Somehow I nearly always struggle to understand your English. That's part of what makes reading the docs so hard. I don't mean that rudely, at all; it's staggering how much effort you've put into the readmes and docs, purely out of the kindness of your heart. I just don't understand most of it XD.

2) Regarding the 'search top tracks from date' button, is that searching for the date the track was played or the date in the date (year) field? I thought it was the latter, but if it is, it's not working. I get no results if I change the year to 2021, for example.

3) Oh, and thanks very much for fixing the buttons going white. All good now.

Reply #228
1) Most tools work the same, with an entry for arbitrary inputs.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

English is not my native language but I really doubt that's the only problem.

If you don't understand what  "custom entries" mean in a tool which has like 10 sub-menus which explicitly alloy you to edit/remove/create new entries... while even the menus are named like that... XD

I mean, if you point me to specific parts of my docs where things are confusing or not consistent is ok, and I will fix it. But most of your questions are always answered by "read the docs" or "spend 5 mins reading all the menu entries".

Then I would say custom entries, custom menu entries, user entries, .... are pretty equivalent.  :o  Things must be put in some context. If we are talking about a menu.... entries can only reference menu entries. The entire phylosophy of Playlist Tools is about customization. This is clearly shown on the web: (which explicit talks about customizing entries and dynamic queries btw)
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Tools-SMP

In the playlist manager the entire pdf has multiple images related to the texts, with even captions for every image. No problem on my side with your critics and comments though, but I really think you should take another approach to trying these tools and thinking a bit out of the box.

2) Again, read the tooltip or the docs... Top 40 tracks from 2021 is most played 40 tracks during 2021... if you have not statistics on 2021, then nothing is shown.
Readme:
Search n most played tracks from a given period on library. Sorting
is done by play count by default.
Tooltip:

Reply #229
2) Again, read the tooltip or the docs... Top 40 tracks from 2021 is most played 40 tracks during 2021... if you have not statistics on 2021, then nothing is shown.
[attach type=image]24610[/attach]
Got it. I took "given period" to mean the date of the release not the date it was played.

Reply #230
1) After I click the 'Show duplicates' button (which is great, thank you), how do I get the original playlist back?

I can't see any way to 'undo' Show duplicates.

2) The Playlist Tools tootip says "Ctrl + L Click to copy menu names to clipboard" but when I Ctrl + L. Click, it just brings up this:

and nothing is copied to the clipboard.

Reply #231
And "No need at all to complicate it with custom entries." Complicate what?

You asked to edit a menu entry. And my answer was spot on: there is no need for custom entries, when you have an option to arbitrarily create a playlist for a given year or period. When you have like 12 options for different years, and one for arbitrary input... I see no need to complicate things even more, allowing to edit the list of options with customized ones (like other menus).

Specially because no one should be creating Top Rated from 1983 Playlists every day XD For things used frequently it makes sense to create custom entries, for a thing which will be used a few times... just use the 'From year...' entry. Can not think in a use-case -not covered in other way- which justifies spending my time on that.

Reply #232
[attach type=image]24610[/attach]
Got it. I took "given period" to mean the date of the release not the date it was played.

There is no need at all to create a button or tool for that, since you can do it by yourself with standard queries.
It makes no sense to display most played tracks from all your listening history with %DATE% = 2020. Just retrieve all most played tracks and filter by %DATE% by yourself XD

I mean... I have created tools to either simplify native foobar usage or extend it, but not to replicate whatever already exists. That would be spending my time and yours.

Reply #233
1) After I click the 'Show duplicates' button (which is great, thank you), how do I get the original playlist back?

I can't see any way to 'undo' Show duplicates.

2) The Playlist Tools tootip says "Ctrl + L Click to copy menu names to clipboard" but when I Ctrl + L. Click, it just brings up this:

and nothing is copied to the clipboard.
1) Ctrl + Z  and Undo works fine on my side, so not sure what's your problem. (?) Again this is native foobar behavior...

2) ? Obviously it shows the menu, and you have to click on an entry. XD How are you supposed to copy an entry name if you don't click on the desired one?

Can not be more specific than that I think.

Reply #234
Most played tracks from...
Code: [Select]
is done by play count by default (requires foo_playcount and
foo_enhanced_playcount plugins).

In other words, 'Most played from 2022' will display the most played
tracks during 2022 (not with %DATE% equal to 2022!). This is similar
to Spotify playlists showing you the most played tracks in last year
but here extended to any date or desired period.

Duplicates by title - artist - date are removed, so it doesn't
output the same tracks multiple times like an auto-playlist does
(if you have multiple versions of the same tracks or albums).
Improved the readme to make sure no one gets confused again with this..

Top Rated tracks from...
Search n most rated tracks on library. Sorting is done by play
count by default (requires foo_playcount plugin).

In other words, 'Top rated from 2022' will display the tracks with
highest rating with %DATE% equal to 2022 (not rated during 2022,
since there is no way to know when the user added a rating!).

Duplicates by title - artist - date are removed, so it doesn't
output the same tracks multiple times like an auto-playlist does
(if you have multiple versions of the same track).

Reply #235
1) Ctrl + Z  and Undo works fine on my side, so not sure what's your problem. (?) Again this is native foobar behavior...
Ah I see. I didn't know you had to immediately undo it. I ran it yesterday on a big playlist I'd spent quite a lot of time making. Then just saw today that it only had 8 tracks in it. Too late to undo.

It's OK; I had a backup. But I wonder if it's worth mentioning in the readme?

2) ? Obviously it shows the menu, and you have to click on an entry. XD How are you supposed to copy an entry name if you don't click on the desired one?
D'oh! I thought it was going to copy all of them XD. I see - it's so we don't have to type it all out if we want to mention it here, for example. Whoops.

Can not be more specific than that I think.
Yep. My bad yet again.

Reply #236
It's OK; I had a backup. But I wonder if it's worth mentioning in the readme?
No. That's how foobar works. You can not expect undo state to be saved between sessions. If you don't undo a thing when you should then it's your fault, not mine or the docs.

I will not add a warning about something which is in no way related to my scripts and which could change any day by the foobar developer.

I mean, if you delete all your playlists and close foobar. Then on the next session you can not restore them XD Should I also add a note about that on the readme? No. It's the same. It's not related at all to my scripts but the user properly using the software, making backups by theirself or using an auto-backup plugin.

I added undo support (other tools or scripts don't) and that's all on my side for a proper implementation.

D'oh! I thought it was going to copy all of them XD. I see - it's so we don't have to type it all out if we want to mention it here, for example. Whoops.
For what? XD That's nonsense. Why the hell would someone want to copy all menu entries? XD That feature is not thought for copying things to the forum, even if it can be used for that. If you don't need that feature, just forget about it. And since you don't even know what is used for (macros and CMD), just forget about it.

Reply #237
With the last update, I noticed that replaygain is now disable in auto tags. In the application, the scanner works like always.

Also, there is a new "folksonomy" entry, also disable. Is a work in progress or i need to install some additional resource?

I'm in v2 beta right now.

Reply #238
With the last update, I noticed that replaygain is now disable in auto tags. In the application, the scanner works like always.

Also, there is a new "folksonomy" entry, also disable. Is a work in progress or i need to install some additional resource?

Folksonomy is work in progress. It will be used along picard 'retrieve genre tags' option, and the multiple databases of my scripts (like the world map database). It then will calculate some folksonomy tags with fancy conditions (like 'Instrumental', 'European', etc.).

ReplayGain works here. So maybe it's related to foobar v2. In V1 it requires foo_rgscan which is installed on the base, it probably was merged on V2. Could you check?

Reply #239

Folksonomy is work in progress. It will be used along picard 'retrieve genre tags' option, and the multiple databases of my scripts (like the world map database). It then will calculate some folksonomy tags with fancy conditions (like 'Instrumental', 'European', etc.).

ReplayGain works here. So maybe it's related to foobar v2. In V1 it requires foo_rgscan which is installed on the base, it probably was merged on V2. Could you check?

Sound good this folksonomy thing.

In my v2 instalation there is not a foo_rgscan.dll, only the configuration file

Reply #242
hahaha sure. At least now that tag cache is back again.
Although I'm missing a few other components too.

Have just uploaded another fix which made harmonic mixing (at playlist manipulation) to not be available due to a typo on file paths.

And in the process I added harmonic mixing in place for selection at advanced sorting (previously, there was only the option to create a new playlist). Works with non contiguous selections too (and not "mixed" tracks are put at the end randomly).

Reply #243
Some time ago I added a icons-only mode, which hopefully I have finally completed today.
  • Global switch.
  • Switch per button.
  • Option to expand on mouse hover (on final release, it will be smoother)
  • Reworked all tooltips, to unify their info and appearance (and output the buttons menu when using the icons-only mode).
  • Only works on X orientation (because on vertical buttons, there is no way to expand the panel...)
  • All button icons will be revised, to ensure they are more or less identifiable only by icon.
  • There were buttons with customizable names, and now also with customizable icons.

Reply #244

How do you put the buttons in a toolbar?

Reply #246
on FB1.6.16 SMP 1.6.1 and fresh panel:

playlist tools button appears, and clicking presents the submenu, but then I always get this error:

Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.6.1 (Playlist Tools: Button: Playlist Tools: Button v3.0.0-beta13 by XXX)
FbMetadbHandleList_Constructor failed:
allocation size overflow

File: search_bydistance.js
Line: 253, Column: 21
Stack trace:
  updateCache/styleGenres</<@search_bydistance.js:253:21
  updateCache/styleGenres<@search_bydistance.js:251:20
  updateCache@search_bydistance.js:242:30
  _menu/this.btn_up@menu_xxx.js:284:101
  ["Playlist Tools"]<@buttons_playlist_tools.js:53:9
  themedButton/this.onClick@buttons_xxx.js:274:21
  @buttons_xxx.js:447:21
  fireEvents/</<@callbacks_xxx.js:142:29
  fireEvents/<@callbacks_xxx.js:141:30

Reply #247
on FB1.6.16 SMP 1.6.1 and fresh panel:

playlist tools button appears, and clicking presents the submenu, but then I always get this error:

Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.6.1 (Playlist Tools: Button: Playlist Tools: Button v3.0.0-beta13 by XXX)
FbMetadbHandleList_Constructor failed:
allocation size overflow

File: search_bydistance.js
Line: 253, Column: 21
Stack trace:
  updateCache/styleGenres</<@search_bydistance.js:253:21
  updateCache/styleGenres<@search_bydistance.js:251:20
  updateCache@search_bydistance.js:242:30
  _menu/this.btn_up@menu_xxx.js:284:101
  ["Playlist Tools"]<@buttons_playlist_tools.js:53:9
  themedButton/this.onClick@buttons_xxx.js:274:21
  @buttons_xxx.js:447:21
  fireEvents/</<@callbacks_xxx.js:142:29
  fireEvents/<@callbacks_xxx.js:141:30

Library size? Which version are you using? It sais beta 13, but that line doesn't exist at beta 13 XD

Reply #248
Need more info, on my tests I have been able to allocate handle list with more than 40 million items. So it's not only related to strict num of items on library, maybe memory usage or other variables.

Additionally, could you test this?
const libItems = fb.GetLibraryItems().Convert();
const max = 500;
const repeat = (arr, n) => [].concat(...Array(n).fill(arr));

for (let i = ; i <= max;) {
    const handleList = new FbMetadbHandleList(repeat(libItems, i || 1));
    console.log(handleList.Count);
    i += 50;
}

Report the last number on console log.

Reply #249

Additionally, could you test this?

The script is the latest from your github (.15?), I think you still have an older version # in the script (.13?)

Is your test missing a i = value?

Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.6.1 ({8FA83BE1-4C0A-4AB7-8000-254B1BF69DDE})
expected expression, got ';'

File: <main>
Line: 5, Column: 13
Source: for (let i = ; i <= max;) {

(please continue this via DM to avoid channel noise?)