Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Lame 3.90 stable bug (Read 3205 times) previous topic - next topic

Lame 3.90 stable bug

Hello to all. As most people cruising r3mix and here know, Dibrom was able to detect a bug in 3.90 for --alt-preset standard (fast), and has offered a bug fix version 3.90.2.

With the way things can become distorted on the mp3 scene, and on the web in general, I am concerned that 3.90 will be labelled "buggy" unjustly. Much hard work was put into 3.90, in the hopes that lame would become more popular, and that people would now take the time to learn to use it.

Specifically, what I am wondering is why can't the stable versions available at various sites for download be updated with the fix?

It just seems a little messed up. 3.90 stable, and 3.90.2 more stable:confused:

Lame 3.90 stable bug

Reply #1
Originally posted by kennedyb4
Specifically, what I am wondering is why can't the stable versions available at various sites for download be updated with the fix?

It just seems a little messed up. 3.90 stable, and 3.90.2 more stable:confused:

*Sigh*.... my thoughts exactly.  Go ask the LAME dev, they seem to have it all "figured out"..

Lame 3.90 stable bug

Reply #2
Hi Dibrom,

what exactly is the bug you made into 3.90. allowing scalefac_scale for fast standard? Wouldn't -Z cure it?