Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to archive to flac and burn CD-r using EAC (or maybe R12)? (Read 2771 times) previous topic - next topic

How to archive to flac and burn CD-r using EAC (or maybe R12)?

I'm getting ready to copy my collection of about 100 cd's onto cd-r's, and make a FLAC copy on my computer for listening. What is the best way (and hopefully most automated, since I'm going to do about 100 in a row) to use EAC to rip a CD to FLAC and then burn to CD-R?

I've got EAC, FLAC, AutoFLAC, REACT, and Burrrn installed. The only way I can figure out is to either rip them using AutoFLAC or REACT (any advantages to one over the other?) and then burn using Burrrn. Or I can rip the wave files, burn to CD-r using EAC, then convert to FLAC, but this isn't very automated.

I like the idea of ripping a FLAC image instead of seperate flac tracks. It just seems better for archival purposes.

Also been hearing some stuff about spoon's r12. If you can explain an easy way to use that, I'd be down with it, if it's better.

EDIT: Ok, I just figured out that autoFLAC has a write mode. However, it seems inefficient to go CD->WAV->FLAC->WAV->CD-R.

Anyone know of the quickest and best quality way to go CD->WAV  then in either order do WAV->CD-R and WAV->FLAC?

Reply #1
Not to sound like a dick...but try the search command.  There are dozens of threads discussing this including the wiki.
JXL

Reply #2
Just rip with EAC to compressed FLAC Image+Cue. Then burn the FLAC images directly using Burrrn. No need to deal with WAV files, as compression and decompression are handled by EAC and Burrrn in the background.

AutoFLAC and REACT would help if you wanted to compress to multiple formats concurrently while ripping (like FLAC and MP3), but they're not needed for what you're doing.

Reply #3
I didn't check the wiki, doing that now.

I guess most people just do CD->WAV->FLAC, Using EAC then  FLAC->CD-R Burrrn.

I just figured there had to be one of those many tools that would do everything within EAC.