Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Free media streaming server (Read 2202 times) previous topic - next topic

Free media streaming server

I want to be able to browse and stream video content from my PC to mobile device with no DLNA client.

I googled and tried several options, among others:

1. Plex (Python/JS/...) - is really nice, but they sell mobile apps, so that their web interface is hardly accessible on mobile phones. Otherwise it's perfect.

2. Serviio (Java) - I haven't tried streaming options, as for this feature I would have have to pay.

3. Remote Potato - this seemed like best option because it would serve media content using Windows technology, but it seems that I'll need Silverlight enabled phone (Windows phone) as I can't get video playback otherwise (from my phone's browser).

Now, I plan to tweak Plex CSS to make it at least more accessible, but before diving in such adventure I thought to ask if maybe someone has better suggestion for Windows streaming server with accessible web interface.