Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MAC.EXE 3.99 (Read 6281 times) previous topic - next topic

MAC.EXE 3.99

I seem to recall that there was a "special" version of the older Monkey's Audio decoder that supported piping, which comes in handy for converting to lossy formats.

I've been searching and can't get the right key words to find those threads.  I'm wanting to use Frontah to convert some APE 3.99 files to Vorbis. I can't seem to get that working. 

I'll probably try Foobar next, but was wondering if piping support is the issue.

Edit: Can a moderator insert a "?" in my post subject so that it doesn't look like I'm announcing a new version of MAC.EXE. Sorry, I didn't compose the subject very well.
flac > schiit modi > schiit magni > hd650

MAC.EXE 3.99

Reply #2
Great. Thanks!

MAC.EXE 3.99

Reply #3
There's also a version hiding on the Rarewares, OggVorbis page which additionally runs in silent mode.

MAC.EXE 3.99

Reply #4
The one from the SHN Tool page worked. Just curious, does anyone know if there is a reason that this functionality is not included in the "official" binary?

Edit: just tried the one from Rarewares and it works too. Thanks.

MAC.EXE 3.99

Reply #5
There's also a version hiding on the Rarewares, OggVorbis page which additionally runs in silent mode.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=270213"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Is this version also based on the MAC 3.99 update 4 code? Mr. Ashland updated 3.99 four times in the days/weeks after putting final version on his page. Fixing various issues with unicode and other stuff. This was only announced in the forum, no change of version number and such.... The shntools version was updated to 3.99u4 after an e-mail from somebody on HA.
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

MAC.EXE 3.99

Reply #6
Yes, it was compiled using the u4 patch from the Shorten Tools site.

MAC.EXE 3.99

Reply #7
Is there a version of MAC.exe that supports stdin for encoding ape?
The shntools version seems not to do that correctly.
(I am using it for foobar2000 v0.9 beta)