Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Output data format! (Read 2240 times) previous topic - next topic

Output data format!

I have question about output data format. I have always use 32bit fixed-point and my sound was great until i install 0.7 rc6 . Now with new foobat rc6 my sound is very creak  (0.7 rc4 works fine). I discover  if i set 24bit fixed-point everything works good. Can someone tell me why i can't use in new foobar 32bit fixed-point ?? I have SB Live 5.1.

Output data format!

Reply #1
I have question about output data format. I have always use 32bit fixed-point and my sound was great until i install 0.7 rc6 . Now with new foobat rc6 my sound is very creak   (0.7 rc4 works fine). I discover   if i set 24bit fixed-point everything works good. Can someone tell me why i can't use in new foobar 32bit fixed-point ?? I have SB Live 5.1.

There are two separate problems.
First, you don't really know what "output format" setting does, and you are only wasting your CPU cycles by using above 16bit on sblive.
Second, there is probably some kind of bug in RC6 preventing 32bit mode from working, but no consumer soundcard supports above 24bit so noone serious could have noticed it.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Output data format!

Reply #2
I have question about output data format. I have always use 32bit fixed-point and my sound was great until i install 0.7 rc6 . Now with new foobat rc6 my sound is very creak   (0.7 rc4 works fine). I discover   if i set 24bit fixed-point everything works good. Can someone tell me why i can't use in new foobar 32bit fixed-point ?? I have SB Live 5.1.

There are two separate problems.
First, you don't really know what "output format" setting does, and you are only wasting your CPU cycles by using above 16bit on sblive.

thx  Now I know

Second, there is probably some kind of bug in RC6 preventing 32bit mode from working, but no consumer soundcard supports above 24bit so noone serious could have noticed it.

ps 8bit fixed-point also creak