Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: The problem of finding certain phrases in the library (Read 833 times) previous topic - next topic

The problem of finding certain phrases in the library

When searching for "Folder Name" + "Track Name in the CUE file" there are no search results. Although if you search separately for "Folder Name" or "Track Name in the CUE file" then there is a result.
Example:
- path: Music\Telarc Records\Erich Kunzel & C.P.O\C.P.O. - 2005 - The Ultimate Movie Music Collection\Cincinnati Pops Orchestra - 2005 - The Ultimate Movie Music Collection (CD1) .cue
- search phrase: Telarc Imperial
- result 0.
I enclose the archive with the cue file and the path. Configuring Asymmetric Search does not help.

Re: The problem of finding certain phrases in the library

Reply #1
Yeah, it would be interesting, what is stored in the media library files... only tags and files with a real physical home, or cue files too...

What is the designed behaviour?

I would expect getting results from cue files too, but is the path (you're searching) stored the cue file? (no, its not, I checked the music.rar)
I only have seen cue files with filenames, no paths at all, because fixed paths would make no sense when you move the cue+music files to a different folder.

You can also exclude *.CUE files from media library, which I did, so check the prefs. (Screenshot)

I have text-searched the "tree" files in my library folder and found some *.cue files stored, but dunno what that means.

Some ideas, no help :-)

EDIT: It seems to make no difference, if *.CUE is added in the RESTRICT TO and removed from the EXCLUDE fields in the prefs.
(Also, adding the full path into the cue file did not help, but thats fine, IMHO)

No results here too (for safety, I did use my own flac file for your cue file and renamed it accordingly).

f2k finds titles, but no paths in cue files.

Reply #2
Obviously fb2k can't find phrase "Telarc Imperial" because there is no such phrase anywhere in you library. To do what you are trying to do, you need to use search expression %path% HAS telarc AND %title% HAS imperial
https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Query_syntax

Reply #3
Now, while you're mention this....

I've used the quicksearch component where you can define certain fields to be searched automaticly. I was under the impression, %PATH% is included in my standard search, but I'll have to check.

Thanks for pointing out (the obvious) :-)