Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC/LAME configuration issue? (Read 3414 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC/LAME configuration issue?

I searched through the previous posts in hopes for an answer but didn't see one so was hoping someone could help me.

I always use the combo of EAC and LAME to make mp3's out of my store bought CD's, however normally using LAME through EAC has always resulted in mp3's with nothing but silence in them, no sound, so I had to run WinLAME manually and do it that way.

I have recently gotten a new machine and so re-installed EAC and LAME/WinLAME, but now even the WAV files ripped from EAC are coming up with nothing but silence, there's no sound, nothing that triggers anything in the visualizations.

Is there some sort of setting I have configured wrong, or has anyone else but me seen this before?

Thank you!

Reply #1
I've had that happen when using the Native Win32 interface for WinNT/2000/XP. Installing an external ASPI interface solved the problem.

Reply #2
I've had that happen when using the Native Win32 interface for WinNT/2000/XP. Installing an external ASPI interface solved the problem.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=317222"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I already did have ASPI 4.60 Layer in Windows installed, and EAC is configured for "Installed external ASPI interface".  Per your suggestion I went and installed ForceASPI 1.7 and am still getting the same results, although honestly I could not actually specify in EAC which to use, so it may still be using the wrong one. :/

I noticed an unavailable option in EAC which are the ASPI drivers for VOB Instant CD/DVD, yet it appears this product is no longer available.  Was EAC support for this never upgraded to Pinnacle's newer product line?

Reply #3
double check that the read features are correct for your drive, also, check the "drive read command" setting or autodetect it once again

+