Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Fixing changed filepaths in foobar2k: foo_playlist_revive is the wrong filetype (Read 1713 times) previous topic - next topic

Fixing changed filepaths in foobar2k: foo_playlist_revive is the wrong filetype

Does anyone know where I can get a standard working version of foo_playlist_revive or know how to install foo_playlist_revive as a .dll file?  If not, does anyone know how I can manually update filepaths for specific tracks?  I've tried editing the Properties tab in the Properties window, but even though I can select the filepath, I'm unable to change it.

I'm using the 1/12/2018 version of foobar2k on Windows 8.

Re: Fixing changed filepaths in foobar2k: foo_playlist_revive is the wrong filetype

Reply #1
The easiest way is to open File - Preferences - Components and drag-and-drop the .dll from explorer to "Installed Components" list.

Re: Fixing changed filepaths in foobar2k: foo_playlist_revive is the wrong filetype

Reply #2
If you still have old playlists, you can then export them to .m3u files. Then you can open .m3u file in Notepad, hit "Ctrl+H" and replace old paths with new ones. Then save it with just "Ctrl+S". Then you import modified playlist back in the foobar... It will take some time until foobar will read all metadata from files, but that's just software's job, while you will simply retain all original file paths.