Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: XMMS MPC Linux Plugin for x86_64 (Read 7042 times) previous topic - next topic

XMMS MPC Linux Plugin for x86_64

I've been trying to get the MPC plugin for XMMS to work with x86_64 and managed to get everything to compile by changing some of the gcc options.  Unfortunately, XMMS segfaults when I attempt to play an MPC file (though it will allow me to open the configuration window just fine).  Does anyone have the MPC plugin working on x86_64?

Reply #1
which version ?
It's a 'Jump to Conclusions Mat'. You see, you have this mat, with different CONCLUSIONS written on it that you could JUMP TO.

Reply #2
which version ?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=225307"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

XMMS 1.2.10
libmusepack 1.0a (had to add symbolic links to make it work, otherwise it wouldn't get found)
plugin version 1.1a3

I set the architechture to x86-64 in both makefiles because otherwise it would say that the architecture was incompatible, I'm running on my 32-bit partition at the moment or I'd give you the exact error.

Reply #3
The new version of libmusepack & the plugin work great on x86-64, just change the arch. in the makefiles:
old:
CPPFLAGS  = -Wall -fPIC -DPIC -O2 -march=i686 -pipe -DPOSIX -D_REENTRANT
new:
CPPFLAGS  = -Wall -fPIC -DPIC -O2 -march=x86-64 -pipe -DPOSIX -D_REENTRANT