Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Portable Mpc Player (Read 12226 times) previous topic - next topic

Portable Mpc Player

Reply #25
>>It cant be that difficult to modify the codec so it can upgrade the portable player! Can it?

I'm sure it can be real difficult. Remember, this stuff is not written in VB or even C/C++. I'm sure it's written in assembler (or even lower level than that!) for storage/speed reasons. Then you have to make sure it doesn't interact improperly with the rest of the firmware. Leading to Test! Test! Test!

Xenno
No one can be told what Ogg Vorbis is...you have to hear it for yourself
- Morpheus

Portable Mpc Player

Reply #26
Someone mentioned in another thread that some DVD players would soon, or maybe already does, support MPC playback. Is that a fact, or just a guess?

Portable Mpc Player

Reply #27
It is a wish.

at german www.dvdboard.de I have promoted mpc today, what coincidence !

wombat, who is/was testing (lame and mpc I think) here, too, promoted mpc there, too.

There is an active group at yahoo:
OneFirmwareForAll

They deal with FW for ESS based DVD/SVCD/MP3 Players.

If they were given mpc decoding sources or so (I am no programmer, i am user...), perhaps they have fun...
Should some of us go there and promote mpc ?

Portable Mpc Player

Reply #28
<OT me="Sorry">

user:

at german www.dvdboard.de I have promoted mpc today, what coincidence !

wombat, who is/was testing (lame and mpc I think) here, too, promoted mpc there, too.

[...]

OneFirmwareForAll - Should some of us go there and promote mpc ?

If you want some hard work to do, try to promote MPC (and Vorbis) at the PC-Welt forum (not necessarily for hardware use, but as an encoding format in general).

</OT>

Portable Mpc Player

Reply #29
It is useless for us to promote mpc in such forums.
Especially as I am not known there.
In www.dvdboard.de (German language dvd & PC Video/audio related discussion board with most members) it makes much more sense for me, as there I am well known, so, if user writes there:"I prefer mpc over mp3, due to sound and practicability.", a lot people will take notice of that.

btw, I posted it there, as it would not bother me if more or less unknown people would use it.
No, reason is:
there are people with connections to programmers/modifiers of DVD/SVCD/MP3-hardware-player Firmware.
These people we have to convince to try out mpc, trying to implement it into existing hardware-FW.

So, the oneFWforAll group is small, as only programmers/modifiers of such FW are using that group....
But if we go there and speak to them, beg them, then it could be possible, that they look into mpc and their FWs.
Either they tell: impossible, or they try on it.

This OneFWforAll-path could be a promising path, so that mpc gets hardware support suddenly by hundredthousands (I guess even more) of existing DVD-players !!

This fact would spread mpc much more powerful. Then at all dvd sites would be written:
hey, latest FW supports MPC, try that format.
mpc would gain lots of people.

Portable Mpc Player

Reply #30
Any signs for an mpc portable player yet...?

Portable Mpc Player

Reply #31
This whole thing with news about MPC for portables, and new SV8 is quite similar to scenarios from when you were younger and perhaps was on your way to some distant relative out in the country and you were contantly asking: "Are we there yet? .... are we there yet?" and "Is it much further? .... Is it much further?"

Seriously, don't you think we'd flash about news of this kind if it was gonna happen anytime soon?
I promise everyone would now if there was soon enough.

Portable Mpc Player

Reply #32
This whole thing with news about MPC for portables, and new SV8 is quite similar to scenarios from when you were younger and perhaps was on your way to some distant relative out in the country and you were contantly asking: "Are we there yet? .... are we there yet?" and "Is it much further? .... Is it much further?"

@ MYRH, I really feel sorry for you.  You have obviously been affected mentally by something I said to you in the past, which is why you are still trying to get me back!!!       

Portable Mpc Player

Reply #33
aha.. I managed to find the only thread that contained the 2 keywords MPC+PORTABLE... and who do I find here, the haxx0r MTRH.

It's probably true as you say MTRH that when and if a device support MPC, it will be major news, I'm not a frequent visitor to these forums (see my no. of posts).

I guess I want to know if anyone is trying to make this happen?

l8rs

Portable Mpc Player

Reply #34
Hi to all! This is the first time I post here but I've been reading a lot for a long time in this forum so thanx to all cos this is a great source of information  .

I usually compress my music with lame APX preset but in the future I'd like to listen to it in my car or walking on the street... Right now, I'm thinking about starting to use MPC. I'm not an expert but it seems that all of you think that is the best lossy format out there. Time is not important for me but I'd like to know if any of you think that one day there will be hardware support for this format.

Bye.

Portable Mpc Player

Reply #35
I would love a hard drive based player for mpc. CF cards would fill up too much. CD based might be good too though. I'd love an ipod with mpc.
"Droplets of Yes and No, in an ocean of Maybe"

Portable Mpc Player

Reply #36
I would have thought an mpc player for PocketPC would have been out by now,  How come its not???