Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: AAC file different length than source (Read 2650 times) previous topic - next topic

AAC file different length than source

Hi, I'm trying to covert all the MJPEG MOV files from my digital still camera into x264/AAC MP4s.  I've tried a few different methods but it always seems to produced an AAC track that is different in length (few milliseconds mostly) than the original.

As example with nice round numbers, I have one MOV that is 3 seconds exactly, the audio stream is RAW 8-bit unsigned 8000Hz data, 24000 samples, 3 seconds in length.  Naturally the same stats if I export it as a PCM WAV file (8KHz PCM WAV file).  Problem is using NeroAACEnc through MeGUI, it produces a file that is 3.328 seconds in length. (using MP4Box -info)

The aac file sounds normal on its own but when MUXed into an MP4 with the video stream (90 frames @ 30fps = 3 seconds exactly), there is a blip at the beginning and a slightly noticeable video freeze at the very end as the audio finishes.

HELP!!  Why don't I get a 3 second AAC out of a 3 second source? 

Eamon