Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Announcement: 80 kbps LC AAC listening test (Read 7335 times) previous topic - next topic

Announcement: 80 kbps LC AAC listening test

UPDATE: Test will run until 12th of March

Dear All,

I would like to announce that the 80 kbps test of upcoming Nero AAC encoder has just started. The purpose of this test is to determine if PNS (Perceptual Noise Substitution) or IS (Intensity Stereo) gives any advantage when used at 80 kbps.
With this test, I wish to include true audiophile and scientific community into making the LC-AAC solutions even better in the future. Many thanks in advance for your help!
Test runs for 18 days, until January 8th 2007.

More info on the test can be found here:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=51171

Announcement: 80 kbps LC AAC listening test

Reply #2
PNS from my testings isn't good for higher rates than 56kbps for HE-AAC, and 64kbps for LC-AAC, i test with lastest CT encoder, seems to be same thing with nero encoder. IS maye can help, but will see this after this test.

Aslo we need something like lowpass tweakig.