Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Read-Only Mp3's? (Read 3893 times) previous topic - next topic

Read-Only Mp3's?

Hello,

I just DL'd some .zip mp3 files...and after I extracted them, I can't get them to play. They all have the foobar icons...but windows says they are read-only?

What happened here?  Can I fix it?

Thanks.

Read-Only Mp3's?

Reply #1
Making a file read-only does not prevent it from playing in foobar2000 (I am using 0.8.3). Perhaps your download was corrupted?
"Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored."
—Aldous Huxley

Read-Only Mp3's?

Reply #2
can you play them from the zip file?  Foobar2000 should be able to read them from zip
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

Read-Only Mp3's?

Reply #3
can you play them from the zip file?  Foobar2000 should be able to read them from zip
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=253472"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hey,

No, I can't play them from the zip file.  I mean, I can double click them from inside the file...and the mp3 will open in foobar, but it does the same thing.  I get the error message and the mp3 won't play.  Is the zip file corrupted?

thanks.

Read-Only Mp3's?

Reply #4
If the Zip file was corrupted, the program would most likely tell you.

Read-Only Mp3's?

Reply #5
Probably it's a fake...
[ Commodore 64 Forever...! ]