Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [EAC] files in m3u playlist and cue file are in .wav format (Read 200 times) previous topic - next topic

[EAC] files in m3u playlist and cue file are in .wav format

Hello,

First of all, English is not my primary language so sorry for some grammar errors.

I wanted to rip my CD's to my computer with Exact audio copy, in flac format.
I have never done this, this is new for me.

The ripping of the CD's went good, but when I want to open the cue file and the m3u playlist, I am getting an error.
When I open the cue file and the m3u file in notepad, I see that all the files are listed in the .wav extension, but I ripped them in flac.
Now I have to manually edit the cue file and m3u playlist, and change all the files to the flac extension.

I have searched for this problem, but I can't find anything about this.
I am on Windows 10, and have all the setting like this guide: https://captainrookie.com/how-to-setup-exact-audio-copy-for-flac-ripping/

How can I get the cue file and m3u playlist to list the files in flac format?
Thank you in advance for your answer.

Re: [EAC] files in m3u playlist and cue file are in .wav format

Reply #1
I haven't duplicated your issue with .m3u files in EAC 1.6. I'm getting the correct extension.

With regard to the .cue file,
I don't see an issue with the primary External Compression while ripping to Image + CUE sheet in EAC 1.6. You do need to do some editing for the Additional External Compression to create a .cue file.
EAC doesn't have an option to create a .cue file while ripping tracks. You have to create the .cue separately and EAC by default creates a .cue for .wav files. There's no option to specify the extension.
X

You can manually edit the extension in notepad or can load the .cue into CUETools*
Action > Correct filenames > Change extension > flac
to change all the extensions (the Overwrite option will do this in place, otherwise a new .flac.cue file will be created.)
X

* note: there may be other .cue editing/creation tools that can also do this.
korth

Re: [EAC] files in m3u playlist and cue file are in .wav format

Reply #2
Thank you for your answer.
I will edit the cue files with CUEtools, and I think I am going to create the playlists also with another program.