Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: XLD Ripper Flac (Read 5960 times) previous topic - next topic

XLD Ripper Flac

Hi There, Newbie to flac ripping needs help

When ripping cd on my macbook I do get the cd titles automatically  but no cover art.
XLD wants me to sign into amazon web service and open an account.

What for ??

Retrieving cover art with XLD has worked in the past. Did I change any preferences by error?

Latest XLD version Version 20120609 (141.0)  / MacbookPro / OSX 10.8

Thanks
Charlie

XLD Ripper Flac

Reply #1
On the FreeDatabase some have album covers some don't. They are usually of very poor quality. It's best and easier if you use a site like this Album Art Exchange to grab your artwork.

XLD Ripper Flac

Reply #2
On the FreeDatabase some have album covers some don't. They are usually of very poor quality. It's best and easier if you use a site like this Album Art Exchange to grab your artwork.

Thanks but I would like to automatically load the album covers when ripping to flac.
I wonder if os 10.8 is the problem or it is just some settlings that i so have to change.

XLD Ripper Flac

Reply #3
Retrieving cover art with XLD has worked in the past. Did I change any preferences by error?
For anyone to be able even to attempt a guess at that, you would have to specify at what point “the past” ended and the apparent problem began…

XLD Ripper Flac

Reply #4
I have been using XLD since the initial release and only had it retrieve artwork for me on very few occasions. There are many good automatic artwork grabbers for OS X i would suggest you try an alternative.

Re: XLD Ripper Flac

Reply #5
I have been using XLD since the initial release and only had it retrieve artwork for me on very few occasions. There are many good automatic artwork grabbers for OS X i would suggest you try an alternative.

What are the grabbers? I just downloaded Metadatics but confused on how to use it.

OP, did you find the solution?