Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FooNight FooDay (Read 159808 times) previous topic - next topic

FooNight FooDay

Reply #50
qwertz: thanks for this mod.  I made some changes to suit me and got it pretty much like I want it (until you come up with more cool stuff

Yes, everything is real big b/c I have lousy eyesight and a big screen.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #52
at where can I cahnge window header and taskbar titles?

i.e. now playing looks as "Penta | 07. We're From The Future | 4:48 (6:47)" in taskbar and window header

I want to make it like ; Penta - We're From The Future

FooNight FooDay

Reply #53
@qwertz
In my foobar with FooNight skin ver. 1.1 rating doesn't work. For now I've copy rating script from another skin (DarkOne ver. 1.5.2) and it's work. Can You do something with it? Anyway I like Your skin very much.
Regards

FooNight FooDay

Reply #54
@pngraf
You may know that DarkOne v1.5.2 Rating Script is not a "normal" rating script and may refuse to work under certain conditions...
It needs the full bunch of rating stars from the DarkOne folder and its full functionality is only available with foo_playcount.

EDIT:
I tried FooNight now and its rating script is working well, but it only rates files in the media library since it rates to database only.
You should add your musics to the media library (Preferences --> Media Library --> "Add" and choose the folder your music is stored in)

FooNight FooDay

Reply #55
@pngraf
I tried FooNight now and its rating script is working well, but it only rates files in the media library since it rates to database only.
You should add your musics to the media library (Preferences --> Media Library --> "Add" and choose the folder your music is stored in)

@tedgo
I simply removed my music folder from Media Library and added it again. Now rating is working normally.
Thank You, tedgo

FooNight FooDay

Reply #56
EDIT:

I mentioned this in the Read Me. Those, who want the rating in files should use this code.

@pngraf

For the future, you should use, right click -> Playback Statistics -> Import Statistics from File Tags

FooNight FooDay

Reply #57
Awesome skin, great job, now I wish I new columns UI and PSS better (or at all really) so that I could tweak it to my liking.

Any chance you could show me where in the code I need to change to make the panel backgrounds transparent so I can add a background/wallpaper image?
Also, I want the cover art to always show, so the tabbed panels on the left show up underneath the image, where the spectrum and track info are (like the playlist switcher I think), where in the code should I look to mess around at?

FooNight FooDay

Reply #58
Any chance you could show me where in the code I need to change to make the panel backgrounds transparent so I can add a background/wallpaper image?

For transparency there are quite a few things to change, so I'll just give you rough directions. There already is a code snippet in for background images, it's under //------------Background in the main PSS. You can activate it by removing the '//' at the beginning of each line. You'll also have to fix the image paths and activate transparency for every PSS and ELP. Change the alpha value of the background color and bg.rec.color.A, bg.rec.color.B to your liking. Finally  search every PSS for $drawrect() $drawroundrect() and change the alpha value for colors, that are not set globally. In ELP all colors are set in the field definition tab, change them accordingly.

Also, I want the cover art to always show, so the tabbed panels on the left show up underneath the image, where the spectrum and track info are (like the playlist switcher I think), where in the code should I look to mess around at?

That's easier. Replace in every line, apart from $movepanel_c(cover), under //------------Left Panel

$get(l.panel.top)
$get(l.panel.h)

with

$get(playswitch.top)
$get(playswitch.h)

and paste

$puts(playswitch.top,$add($get(toolbar.h),$get_ps_global(cover.size),$get_ps_global(cover.top),5))
$puts(playswitch.h,$sub(%_height%,$get(playswitch.top),$get(bottom.h),0))

directly under //------------Left Panel

FooNight FooDay

Reply #59
Random question. I have no idea what I'm doing with respect to changing scripts or coding or anything. Tried to do some rudimentary stuff but I am coming up short of a solution.

Currently I use foo_upnp to stream my library from home to work. It can embed the cover art into the stream so the standard album art viewers pick it up.

I think it creates a variable called %UPNPALBUMARTURL% which translates into http://server:port/albumart/7575/"number".jpg
Everything stays the same in that url, except the final number.jpg which changes when the song changes.

I have tried to call %UPNPALBUMARTURL% in the track script as you said in the readme, I get this

$replace(%UPNPALBUMARTURL%,,).jpg)

This results in the global variable cover.path being http://server:port/albumart/7575/"number".jpg
However, nothing happens, I cannot get the art to load

any thoughts? thanks for an amazing skin.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #60
hi, awesome skin. I really like it.

a couple of questions:

is there a way to let me rate songs I'm not currently playing?
and
how can i customize the tab bar above album art? [ Al  Fil  Lyr  Bio  Info  Utils ]

I'm new to using column ui so I'd appreciate any sort of information or tips on using it.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #61
@kelkor

You will have to install foo_covers. Set %path% as the cover path in PSS (%el_group_first_path% in ELP). Then search PSS for the $drawimage() lines, that include $get_ps_global(cover.path), replace

nokeepaspect
with
artreader_front nokeepaspect

IN ELP, search for the $imageabs() lines that include $get(e.cover), replace

nokeepaspect
with
artreader_front nokeepaspect

@aboutblank2

Right-click on the track, Playback Statistics/Rating/1-5
What to you want to change?

FooNight FooDay

Reply #62
@aboutblank2

Right-click on the track, Playback Statistics/Rating/1-5
What to you want to change?

ah okay. thank you.

is there a way i can customize the tabs above the album cover?

FooNight FooDay

Reply #63
and again I ask you what you want to change? There are 100s of ways to customize the left panel, but I'm not going to explain them all.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #64
and again I ask you what you want to change? There are 100s of ways to customize the left panel, but I'm not going to explain them all.

o okay sorry I didn't see that last line.

I wanted to remove the Bio and Utils bar then center the rest.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #65
Hey, I'm just contemplating switching to foobar2000 and this is by far my favorite custom skin. Great work!

The only problem is that most of my album art is embedded, not stored in folders and I'd rather not spend probably days re-downloading and organizing all those images. Is there any way to tweak the code so the album art view accesses the embedded image? I tried replacing the art display with the newer Album Art component which supports embedded images, but due to the way everything is layered and arranged I wasn't able to swap it out properly.

Thanks!

FooNight FooDay

Reply #66
@aboutblank2

Honestly, if you're familiar with PSS, it isn't that hard, and should a concrete question emerge, I'll help you, otherwise it's pretty much Mission Impossible, sorry.

@geektastic

I described the procedure in post #62

FooNight FooDay

Reply #67
@qwertz, thank you for this great FOONIGHT! I highly value your work.
I use foonight night and day - because a fast color change is not so easy to get "fooday".

My question is:
how to put "Playlists Dropdown v0.7.2" just in the middle between
"quick search" and button "just playing".
I tried it, but had only bad results.
There is so much space between, it should be used!

A second try endet also in a miserable failure:
I tried to place the bottomline upstairs the head of foonight.
Seems to be complicated. 

Erich

FooNight FooDay

Reply #68
Search the layout for the PSS that contains Quicksearch Toolbar. Insert Playlist Dropdown into that PSS. Now open the PSS and insert:

$movepanel_c(Playlists,$div($sub(%_width%,150),2),8,150,20)

into Script/per Track (that centers Playlist Dropdown in the panel, so you might want to change these values).

Lastly, activate "Forced Layout" for "Playlists" in the Script tab.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #69
Search the layout for the PSS that contains Quicksearch Toolbar. Insert Playlist Dropdown into that PSS. Now open the PSS and insert:
$movepanel_c(Playlists,$div($sub(%_width%,150),2),8,150,20)
into Script/per Track (that centers Playlist Dropdown in the panel, so you might want to change these values).
Lastly, activate "Forced Layout" for "Playlists" in the Script tab.

@qwertz
It works, thank you! 

FooNight FooDay

Reply #70
@geektastic

I described the procedure in post #62

I wasn't sure if the same process would work. It's working for the main cover art, but not for the playlist at the moment. I'm more concerned about the main display though, so thanks!

FooNight FooDay

Reply #71
Yes, sorry I forgot one part. You have to deactivate or delete this part:

Code: [Select]
$if($strcmp($left(%path%,7),'http://')
    $puts(e.cover,$get(image.path)'/cover/radio.png')
)
$if($findfile($get(e.cover)),
    $puts(e.cover,$get(image.path)'/cover/nocover.png')
)

in Track List and Group Header

FooNight FooDay

Reply #72
Hey there qwertz
I was wondering if there is a way to add Text on the Links so its easier to use.
Like the one on the Tagging.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #74
I have no idea why the images weren't embedded. Anyway, I have uploaded them here.

For Installation: Right click on the Utils Panel -> Splitter Settings -> Links -> configure
and import links.fcb.

These are all "normal" CUI button panels on purpose btw, so they are easy and fast to configure.