Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Problem uploading avatar (Read 2442 times) previous topic - next topic

Problem uploading avatar

I'm trying to upload an avatar that is 5KB in size, 100x100.  However, whenever I upload it, my avatar doesn't change from the old.

I've even tried Remove Avatar, then uploading the new av, but the previous one still comes back!

Help?

Problem uploading avatar

Reply #1
Try now, i deleted your old one.

Problem uploading avatar

Reply #2
Apologies, everything is fine.  I thought I had Mozilla set to always compare the cache against files-to-be-downloaded, but it wasn't.

My cache simply kept the old one around, while everyone else was seeing the new.  =p

Feel free to close.

Problem uploading avatar

Reply #3
I've had this problem, too.  I've asked a mod one time to delete an old on for me, but since I like changing every now and then, and the mods have better things to do than delete my old avatars, what I do is: remove it, close my browser (logging off of HA), come back a little later, hit "remove avatar" again just for good measure, and then upload my new one.  That's worked everytime for me so far.  (Also you have to specify the actual image dimensions in the fields provided, or it will "stretch" it to 100x100 if it was originally smaller.)

It may be a browser or cache thing that's doing it, but I haven't isolated the cause.  Anyway, the workaround I use is easy enough.