Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Adobe Audition 3 (Read 9930 times) previous topic - next topic

Adobe Audition 3

We are using Adobe Audition 3 to record different voices.  We recieve scripts in MS Word format (.doc) and rather than printing them out we would simply start recording in Adobe Audition 3, minimize that screen and read our script (without printing it).
Recently; however, when we minimize the Adobe Audition 3 screen the system stops recording.
Does anyone know which control I need to adjust in Adobe Audition 3 so that the recording will continue while AA3 is minimized?  Any help would be grately appreciated.  Thank you.

Michael

Adobe Audition 3

Reply #1
Edit>Audio Hardware Setup> Untick "Release ASIO driver in background".
Ceterum censeo, there should be an "%is_stop_after_current%".

Adobe Audition 3

Reply #2

Exactly same problem as I just encountered. I've been recording this way for about a year now. I get audition 3.0 recording and then bring Word window to the front. I did one script this way today and the second one now stops the recording and leaves the piece that was recorded highlighted. The Release ASIO driver in background is unticked. The only thing I've done recently is download the new IE8....

Adobe Audition 3

Reply #4

That worked for me with Vista...but now I have Windows 7 and releasing the ASIO driver in the background doesn't work any more. Any ideas?

Adobe Audition 3

Reply #5
SOLVED - I've been battling this issue for awhile, im on windows 8.1 and this worked

Go to your Adobe Audition Directory and right click on "Audition.exe" Check "Run in compatibility mode" and choose vista, Works like a friggin charm now

hope that helps you!

Adobe Audition 3

Reply #6
SOLVED - I've been battling this issue for awhile, im on windows 8.1 and this worked

Go to your Adobe Audition Directory and right click on "Audition.exe" Check "Run in compatibility mode" and choose vista, Works like a friggin charm now

hope that helps you!

Posted: Apr 24 2009, 17:06

We're 5½ years later.... I think he has found some solution already ;-)

Adobe Audition 3

Reply #7

hope that helps you!

Posted: Apr 24 2009, 17:06

We're 5½ years later.... I think he has found some solution already ;-)

judging by the comments on a few other sites, including some recent they hadn't yet, so in case some other poor helpless soul comes along, now they know