Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: is there a way to play .ots files? (Read 4354 times) previous topic - next topic

is there a way to play .ots files?

I use foobar2000 for music playback, the most is MP3, but i have a large number of .ots files, that can be played with Otz-DJ. I want to play the .ots files with foobar2000. I can convert an ots file to mp3, but only one at a time.

Is there a plugin that allows playback of .ots files in foobar? If i open a .ots file and compare it to a .mp3 file with hex editor, it seems that ots is a container format for mp3, with only minor differences. it should not be very difficult to filter out the ots properties out of the file and somehow feed it to the mp3 decoder, but i really don't know how to do that. Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?

Reply #1
i think you would have a much better chance of asking the developers of the Program to have DirectShow filters developed (if this is not already the case) and use foo_input_ds (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=59902&hl=matroska)

I once tried that program, it was interesting but the conversion to OTS files wasn't convenient and i never used it again.

Reply #2
I sent an email to the Otz DJ support to ask if there are DS filters.

If i get an answer i will post the result here.

Reply #3
unforunately it is not possible...

Thanks for your email.

A DirectShow filter for Ots files is not available. Ots files can be played/edited with Ots software only.

We trust this information helps. If you have further questions, please reply.