Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Adding new file from explorer constantly reset to previous playlist (Read 1285 times) previous topic - next topic

Adding new file from explorer constantly reset to previous playlist

Hello guys,
I am better asking this right now so I will know in the future

Lets recreate the problem:
I have a folder in my library, and my mouse is selecting one album
I go to explorer and select "play all" from a folder to add them to foobar
as soon as I click on foobar the added songs disappear from the playlist and the album or song that was selected by my mouse

Every time it does that, I am always forced to "right click , undo"

Could it be possible to be able to just add files and then not be forced to right click on undo, to be able to keep the playlist where it is.

See pictures

see on the 3rd picture, when I click on the playlist space (the first click that I touch foobar after having clicked on 'play all' on explorer)
it automatically goes to the album that was selected in foobar (it even select one song that was not visible just one second before)

Please

Re: Adding new file from explorer constantly reset to previous playlist

Reply #1
Hi there,

I'm not sure about the "Play All" button in Explorer. Might work better to right-click the files.(?)

In foobar File menu > Preferences > Shell Integration is an option to 'Set enqueue as the default action'.

(Why use Explorer and not Facets folders?)

Cheers

Reply #2
With foobar is always better to use more than just one playlist, for example default one for adding files from explorer, library viewer selection for library albums.

You can also add Playlist Switcher on main toolbar to easily choose between playlists.
Somewhere, there's someone dying in a foreign land
Meanwhile, the world is crying stupidity of man
Tell me why, tell me why

Reply #3
@anamorphic , I have done this yesterday (Set enqueue as the default action) , and it's not working, the files keeps "fleeing" as soon as I click on foobar just after I add them from explorer

@Vicas , I don't understand what you mean by  using more playlists, I just add files from explorer + I have the files that are already there in foobar , in the libraries I selected

Reply #4
Seems like foobar is always focusing on album you select, regardless of added files.

If you go to View > Playlist Manager there should be two playlists: default and Library Viewer Selection that's what foobar creates by design. Is that in your case too?

Tell me why, tell me why

Reply #5
@Vicas
I see 3 of them

Library selection
Library selection (playing)

There were 2 more, album names, I've just removed them right now

I never went there before....
GREAT! It looks like it worked! (but only for 2 minutes)

Can I ask what are the use of the 2 others?
EDIT:  The playlist has switched to "library selection"  as soon as I touched another album in the library list

I only want to keep my selected files from fleeing when I touch foobar, can I delete the 2 other playlist in playlist manager then?

Reply #6
Ok, now files you want to add from explorer should be added in default playlist (or any other you create).
foobar will still show library view playlist when you select an album from library and will hide content from default playlist.
To prevent this it would be useful to your setup to add Playlist Switcher on toolbar or to add an Playlist Tabs UI element

EDIT: See an layout example below I created so you can use something like that
Tell me why, tell me why

Reply #7
@Vicas 
I deleted the other library other than default and they keeps coming back
I have no use for other libraries than the default one ( I think?)

Sorry to bother you with all this

other problems
I cannot find a downloadable Playlist Switcher for foobar , on the web
I cannot find where the Playlist Tabs UI element is hidden in foobar

Reply #8
@Vicas 
I cannot find a downloadable Playlist Switcher for foobar , on the web
I cannot find where the Playlist Tabs UI element is hidden in foobar

Both are already available in foobar.
Playlist Switcher -> Right click anywhere on toolbar > select Playlist Switcher

Playlist Tabs -> you need to enable layout edit mode from View > Layout > Enable Layout edit mode > Then right click on playist UI > replace UI and select Playlist Tabs. After that you need to add Playlist View UI
Tell me why, tell me why

Reply #9
I don't particularly want to add another box in the already cramped space in my  foobar layout
Is there a way... to just use this option without having to use a UI box?

I just want to have the default playlist and no other one, I hate playlists to be honest

Thanks for the help