Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [suggestion] Use of relative path (Read 1316 times) previous topic - next topic

[suggestion] Use of relative path

Hello there,

I've been using foobar for several years now without having to complaint and I think it's a great piece of software, however I wanted to submit a feature I'd like to see implemented to make it perfect (for the way I use it anyway  ).

The thing is I use Foobar as an ITunes alternative for my IPod. I installed Foobar on it in portable mode, and did some file configuration (library path, encoders...) that required me to provide a full path, which is problematic as there is a risk that the drive letter changes when I connect the IPod to another computer (or my computer with some changed drives).

I know there are some scripts that automatically changes the drive letter but I don't really like that solution, so if you Foobar team could put relative path support in your todo-list, I think that would be neat

Anyway, thanks for making Foobar and good luck

Shtong

[suggestion] Use of relative path

Reply #1
Yes, relative media library path might get added as further improvement of portable mode. Or not.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.