Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Salvaging TAO-ruined rip? (Read 1452 times) previous topic - next topic

Salvaging TAO-ruined rip?

Hi,

There's an album I got in a trade, in the form of separate wav tracks, and when you play them consecutively there's often an annoying split-second click or pop in between tracks.  I don't know much about cd ripping but apparently the issue here is that TAO was used instead of DAO? Can this be fixed with software? Merging into one large file was no good, same clicks. Any help would be greatly appreciated

EAC log:
Used drive  : hp      DVDRAM GT31L   Adapter: 1  ID: 0
Read mode               : Secure
Utilize accurate stream : Yes
Defeat audio cache      : Yes
Make use of C2 pointers : No
Read offset correction                      : 103
Overread into Lead-In and Lead-Out          : No
Fill up missing offset samples with silence : Yes
Delete leading and trailing silent blocks   : No
Null samples used in CRC calculations       : Yes
Used interface                              : Native Win32 interface for Win NT & 2000
Gap handling                                : Appended to previous track
Track 1
     Pre-gap length  0:00:02.00

Re: Salvaging TAO-ruined rip?

Reply #1
Analysis made more difficult without the full log but I would assume it is likely the audio was not accurately ripped (read errors) or damaged by another program.
Try verifying the rip with CUETools with the *.log file in the same folder as the files.
The bottom section of verification log will compare the CRC32 values of the audio against what is in the extraction log. The verification process will also compare the rip against the AccurateRip and CUETools databases.

edit: I assumed the tracks were numbered (01 trackname.wav) which loading track 1 into CUETools would be sufficient. If named in another way you'll need to load a cue or m3u file listing the tracks in the correct order.
korth

Reply #2
Use Audacity to edit out the clicks.

Reply #3
Assuming the the clicks are due to audio being cut off by some crapware like e.g. Medieval (rather than e.g. metadata misread as audio) - that means they have to be crossfaded or so?

Reply #4
I remember exactly the same thing when I ripped one of my first CD's in the late nineties(!) with bad software & TAO. Pops between the tracks etc. The only solution was to use a Wave-editor and fix it, as I didn't have the original CD anymore when I discovered the issues. I assume this is also the only solution for the OP.