Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Library Tree Discussion (Read 129252 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Library Tree Discussion

Reply #451
@ WilB
This issue has been resolved. Many thanks.
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #455
@yeyo
Cover size. You can choose from various thumbnail sizes (small, regular, medium, large) on the album art tab. You can also use ctrl + alt + shift & rotate the mouse wheel for other sizes (see show album art help on the album art tab for more info).

Options dialogue sometimes not opening.

In the last version extra checks were added to test if ShowHtmlDialog is supported, which display of options requires. ShowHtmlDialog should be supported for all users except those running Wine or those who don't want to install internet explorer. The extra checks use regor's getSoFeatures checker. Possibly it sometimes isn't giving the correct answer.

Attached is a debug version. Users experiencing the issue could replace so.js in ...foo_spider_monkey_panel\packages\{E85C9EF0-778B-46DD-AF20-F4BE831360DD}\scripts with the debug version and post the console log when the issue happens to see if it shows anything. Note that so.js in bio & library tree aren't the same.

Reply #456
@WilB

Can you highlight a round border instead of a square one?

now it is square one

i think a round border will be perfect

Reply #457
@2263431335

To clarify, you mean show a round border only when the library tree setting on the album art tab for labels is set to none and on the display tab the hover effect (background) is set to use the frame - as in your images. I think it looks fine then. Please confirm that's what you mean.

If text names for artist or album etc are displayed along with the thumbnail it didn't seem to work as well as the current options.

Reply #458
yes , you are right

Reply #459
Where can I find FILTER syntax description? All these :

[' AFTER ', 'ALL', ' AND ', ' BEFORE ', ' DURING ', ' EQUAL ', ' GREATER ', ' HAS ', ' IS ', ' LESS ', ' MISSING', ' NOT ', ' OR ', ' PRESENT', ' SINCE '];

Reply #460
Check the query syntax help.

You can click on the search icon in library tree (top left) & it's the first item on the drop down menu.

Reply #461
You can click on the search icon in library tree (top left) & it's the first item on the drop down menu.
Thanx. So, no complex logic, no branches as  (expr 1 OR expr2) AND expr3  , right?

Oh, and a little question: how can I hide some tracks at all? Based on some tag, maybe? What I want to do is to hide some garbage tracks loaded from DVDA/SACD iso images.

Reply #462
Aha, I've figured it! Yes, it supports round brackets, so I can use complex logic.
For ex:
Name: Hi-res
Query: ("%samplerate%" GREATER 44100 OR "$info(bitspersample)" GREATER 16) AND NOT Album IS ꓸ

Reply #463
@yeyo
Cover size. You can choose from various thumbnail sizes (small, regular, medium, large) on the album art tab. You can also use ctrl + alt + shift & rotate the mouse wheel for other sizes (see show album art help on the album art tab for more info).

Options dialogue sometimes not opening.

In the last version extra checks were added to test if ShowHtmlDialog is supported, which display of options requires. ShowHtmlDialog should be supported for all users except those running Wine or those who don't want to install internet explorer. The extra checks use regor's getSoFeatures checker. Possibly it sometimes isn't giving the correct answer.

Attached is a debug version. Users experiencing the issue could replace so.js in ...foo_spider_monkey_panel\packages\{E85C9EF0-778B-46DD-AF20-F4BE831360DD}\scripts with the debug version and post the console log when the issue happens to see if it shows anything. Note that so.js in bio & library tree aren't the same.

Hi,WilB,good morning!

The right-click menu fails to open options. I found that there is no problem on win10 system. It cannot be opened on win11, such as 22621.105 and 22621.160. I think it may not open on other win11.

Biography The same problem.

I think it's helpful for your fix,Looking forward to early settlement and sharing!

Reply #464
The right-click menu fails to open options. I found that there is no problem on win10 system. It cannot be opened on win11, such as 22621.105 and 22621.160. I think it may not open on other win11.
Had the same problem on Win10. Problematic code is in panel.js module:

if (soFeatures.gecko && soFeatures.clipboard) popUpBox.config(JSON.stringify([this.dialogGrps, this.dialogFiltGrps, this.defViewPatterns, this.defFilterPatterns]), JSON.stringify(ppt), cfgWindow, ok_callback);
      else {
         popUpBox.ok = false;
         $.trace('options dialog isn\'t available with current operating system. All settings in options are available in panel properties. Common settings are on the menu.');   
      }

I've changed it to just:
      popUpBox.config(JSON.stringify([this.dialogGrps, this.dialogFiltGrps, this.defViewPatterns, this.defFilterPatterns]), JSON.stringify(ppt), cfgWindow, ok_callback);

It works now without any glitch.

Reply #465
Had the same problem on Win10. Problematic code is in panel.js module:

if (soFeatures.gecko && soFeatures.clipboard) popUpBox.config(JSON.stringify([this.dialogGrps, this.dialogFiltGrps, this.defViewPatterns, this.defFilterPatterns]), JSON.stringify(ppt), cfgWindow, ok_callback);
      else {
         popUpBox.ok = false;
         $.trace('options dialog isn\'t available with current operating system. All settings in options are available in panel properties. Common settings are on the menu.');   
      }

I've changed it to just:
      popUpBox.config(JSON.stringify([this.dialogGrps, this.dialogFiltGrps, this.defViewPatterns, this.defFilterPatterns]), JSON.stringify(ppt), cfgWindow, ok_callback);

It works now without any glitch.
I'll try your method, thank you!

Reply #466
@The Chief  @yeyo or anybody else affected by the options dialog issue. I've uploaded a test version here. Click the download button. Please can you confirm that the options dialog always now opens correctly? I'm not able to reproduce the issue hence the test version, but then I don't have win11.

The features check is now done on the first use of the options dialog during a particular session, rather than during start-up as suggested by @regor . If it still isn't robust, then likely I'll remove the features checker & add a manual setting to panel properties for affected users, e.g. those using Wine.

Reply #467
I've uploaded a test version here. Click the download button. Please can you confirm that the options dialog always now opens correctly?
It works correctly for me (Win10 LTSC 21H2).

Reply #468
@The Chief  @yeyo or anybody else affected by the options dialog issue. I've uploaded a test version here. Click the download button. Please can you confirm that the options dialog always now opens correctly? I'm not able to reproduce the issue hence the test version, but then I don't have win11.

The features check is now done on the first use of the options dialog during a particular session, rather than during start-up as suggested by @regor . If it still isn't robust, then likely I'll remove the features checker & add a manual setting to panel properties for affected users, e.g. those using Wine.
Feedback from the test version: when two library trees are used in a topic interface, only one of them can be opened, and the other still cannot be opened.
PS:It is recommended to completely remove the function checker.

Reply #469

Feedback from the test version: when two library trees are used in a topic interface, only one of them can be opened, and the other still cannot be opened.
PS:It is recommended to completely remove the function checker.

Testing exactly the same, works with no problems on win 10. Did you update both panels? Does the console warn about options not being available?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It makes no sense to have one working and another one not working due to the same function, and in any case if that's the problem then that's a SMP bug which should be fixed (not just remove it).

EDIT: have refactored the code (separated clipboard restoration from the check) and reused your parent doc html file. If it fails with that file, then options popup will simply not work properly in any case (unknown reason), so it will be SMP's/win 11 fault and should be fixed.
Code: [Select]
	isHtmlDialogSupported() {
if (this.soFeat.checked) return this.soFeat.gecko && this.soFeat.clipboard;
else this.soFeat.checked = true;

if (typeof doc === 'undefined' || !doc) {
this.soFeat.gecko = false;
}
if (this.soFeat.gecko) {
let cache = null;
let clText = 'test';
try {
cache = doc.parentWindow.clipboardData.getData('Text');
} catch (e) {}
try {
doc.parentWindow.clipboardData.setData('Text', clText);
clText = doc.parentWindow.clipboardData.getData('Text');
} catch (e) {
this.soFeat.clipboard = false;
}
if (cache) { // Just in case previous clipboard data is needed
try {
doc.parentWindow.clipboardData.setData('Text', cache);
} catch (e) {}
}
if (clText !== 'test') {
}
} else {
}
return this.soFeat.gecko && this.soFeat.clipboard;
}

Attached the file in case anyone wants to test it.

Reply #470
@yeyo

If possible I would like to keep an auto check of features.

So can we have one more go before I'll likely make it a manual setting in panel properties (which only Wine users etc. whose systems don't suport ShowHtmlDialog will have to set on a one time basis)?

1) In v1.3.2 beta would you mind replacing popupbox.js in ...foo_spider_monkey_panel\packages\{E85C9EF0-778B-46DD-AF20-F4BE831360DD}\scripts with the @regor  version above to see if that fixes the issue?

2) If it still fails to open options, can you insert the following return true on line 53, after isHtmlDialogSupported() {,  of the @regor popupbox.js to bypass the check & confirm that the options then opens correctly.
return true;

Reply #471
@yeyo You'll need to restart foobar2000 after changing popupbox.js to ensure the new version is applied to the panels.

Reply #472
@yeyo

If possible I would like to keep an auto check of features.

So can we have one more go before I'll likely make it a manual setting in panel properties (which only Wine users etc. whose systems don't suport ShowHtmlDialog will have to set on a one time basis)?

1) In v1.3.2 beta would you mind replacing popupbox.js in ...foo_spider_monkey_panel\packages\{E85C9EF0-778B-46DD-AF20-F4BE831360DD}\scripts with the @regor  version above to see if that fixes the issue?
v1.3.2 beta + replacing popupbox.js,Right click option still cannot be opened normally
2) If it still fails to open options, can you insert the following return true on line 53, after isHtmlDialogSupported() {,  of the @regor popupbox.js to bypass the check & confirm that the options then opens correctly.
return true;
Use code:
return true;
Replace the original code(52-54 line):
Can work normally

My operating system platform:
edition:Windows 11 professional 22H2
Operating system version:22621.160

Reply #473

Point is that code check replacement is not entirely true. Being able to open the HTML popup after a restart doesn't equal to the check failing, since both are run at different times. The thing required here is to output to console both this.soFeat.gecko, this.soFeat.clipboard and then force opening the HTML popup.

Also even if one of them fails and the HTML popup works, that's not meant to point to a feature checking failure. On win 7 for ex. you need both features working properly to show an HTML popup, the same in Wine. If soFeat.clipboard fails an that doesn't matter in Win 11 to show a popup then:

1. Maybe Win 11 have different requisites?
2. In any case, there is a bug on win 11. You may bypass it there removing the check and it will appear at other places of the code using the clipboard. (SMP will introduce new method so it may not be a problem).
3. It still makes zero sense to have the same line working in one panel and not the other.

Reply #474
Try this one and then paste the console logs (and report in which cases the popup opened).

The check is performed everytime you use the menu entry, not cached, so multiple tries may make it work.

If the HTML popup works and the console outputs one of the variable as false, there is a bug on win 11 or SMP.

On win7 and win10 it works flawlessly with 2 panels.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)