Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: context menu (Read 2973 times) previous topic - next topic

context menu

Hi, I have a question about the displayed name of context menu (not tried with main menu though).
if component A has a menu group named "ABC" (could be anything), then I change the code so it named "BCD", foobar will still show it as "ABC" when right click the playlist, but in the keyboard short cut preference page, it will show as "BCD", why is that?
I've found that contextmenu_item::get_item_default_path() will not get called again once the component is not first use, so I have to change the items GUID to get foobar display the name correctly.

I've tried to remove the component to let foobar remove its setting and put it back again, the display is still the same.

context menu

Reply #1
The default path of a context menu item only controls its initial position when it is added for the first time. Resetting the components configuration of removing it does not clear the commands data from the context menu configuration which is saved by foobar2000 itself. The GUID of a command is meant to identify it even if the name changes, so changing the GUID just to force foobar2000 to reread the default path is not recommended (it would force the user to rebind any keyboard shortcuts or other configuration options that refer to this context menu command).

The main menu works completely different since it is not configurable.

context menu

Reply #2
thanks for the reply.
so is there any method to force foobar to read the display name again without changing the GUID? or asking foobar to remove my component's menu item GUID from its config file?

because initial version of my component's menu could look like this:

group
-- item

but later I'd like to change to:

outter group
-- group
------- item

but foobar will not update it if I don't change the GUID.

thanks a lot