Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_sid (Read 98066 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_sid

Reply #100
Report it to the sidplay-residfp project at SourceForge.

foo_sid

Reply #101
Hi kode54,

using the current HVSC, I have problems with most of the tunes not generating the correct MD5-Hash to search for in the songlength database.

For example:

from Songlengths.txt:
; /MUSICIANS/G/Grigg_Chris/Maniac_Mansion.sid
74349f9d303a38acbfb21ad0b65c7a57=1:28 0:26

from the console, when loading this song:
Opening track for playback: "O:\Musik\SID Music\MUSICIANS\G\Grigg_Chris\Maniac_Mansion.sid" / index: 1
Unknown hash: CDF9074EFBE7F885D32990C3DFC3B6B2
Unknown hash: CDF9074EFBE7F885D32990C3DFC3B6B2

I checked the GitHub repository, it seems that you calculate the MD5 yourself (not getting it from residfp). Can you take a look into this issue?

Many thanks for that in advance!

Best reagrds,
dipts

foo_sid

Reply #102
Residfp does not calculate hashes on its own as far as I can tell. There was a song loader that I borrowed for that purpose, but I guess it doesn't work? Feel free to point out this MD5 hasher I'm supposed to be using instead.

foo_sid

Reply #103
Hi kode54,

in the most recent version (1.6.1) there is a function SidTune::createMD5, the doc states that it generates the hash of the tune. Maybe this function was not present in earlier version, I did not check this. Do you see any Chance to give that function a try? I would be happy to beta-test the result.

I started to create a compilation environment for foo_sid to test it myself, but I'm afraid it would take me some time to create proper Visual Studio projects for all dependencies (e.g. libsidplayfp, which does not deliver VS Projects at all). If you do not have the time to look at that hash issue, maybe you could provide me your VS Projects so I have a quick start into it?

- dipts

foo_sid

Reply #104
Kode54:

I'm a software engineer myself and have my own MD5 implementation that I checked with a huge amount of test vectors. I based it off of the reference implementation. It's used in all my commercial projects, so has been tested thoroughly.

You are welcome to it if you want. (it's in C++, but can easily be converted into any other language).
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

foo_sid

Reply #105
foobar2000 actually provides its own implementation of MD5 as a core service, but thanks anyway. I'll look at that SidTune function.

foo_sid

Reply #106
first: thanks kode54 for this plugin, i've also been using his plugins forever and works like charm!

do you use any special configuration in the dsp for playing sids? maybe a stereo converter? maybe do you resample?

also i think i could be nice if anyone could provide a pack with everything set for a portable foobar2000+sid player+hsvc

i am using the hsvc with Pismo Mount, so i mount the Zip file as a folder, with this i don't need to have >45.000 files spread in my SDD

regards

edit: i've also added foo_skip plugin and configured it to skip tracks less than 10secs (using this search query: %length_seconds% LESS 10)
i wonder if other "hacks" could apply to a foobar2000 configuration special for HSVC

also sorry my english, i am spanish, regards!

foo_sid

Reply #107
I find it cute that the API they supply provides their MD5 hash in a textual format instead of binary. It's almost as if they expect you to fully parse the song lengths database like an INI file every time you want to query it, and use text matching. Instead of what I actually do, which is to parse the whole lengths database at load time into a binary format in memory, then use a quick binary search for matching hashes.

Also, I see some work has gone into the plain resid-builder, so maybe it actually works this time around? If so, I'll provide an option to use it, since although it is less accurate, it should also be way faster than the residfp-builder.

foo_sid

Reply #108
How do you get stereo playback from dual SIDs?  All I get is mono (I know they're dual SIDs because stereo playback works just fine in sidplay2, and it's not just duping one channel).

foo_sid

Reply #109
Hello, I just found that when I'm using a correctly configured and up-to-date song lengths database, and play back SID files from a windows network share where the address looks like this:

\\server.domain.com\shared\music\sid\sidfile.sid

The song length will remain undetermined and display the default 3:00 or whatever is configured.

However when I'm using the server's netbios address only:

\\server\shared\music\sid\sidfile.sid

Or even a local file, the length will be determined correctly.

Cheers,
PaTr0N

foo_sid

Reply #110
Great plugin. I have only one question.
I see that some people are mentioning STIL (SID Tune Information List), but is it implemented with this plugin at all? Is it possible to implement it?

Regards,
Giga

foo_sid

Reply #111
Hi, great plugin, but it doesn't play the song "Madness" (nor its subsong) by Chris Huelsbeck. I plays in Deliplayer & Sidplay2/w.
Could you fix that please?

foo_sid

Reply #112
The song "Dance at Night" by Chris Huelsbeck is mute in foo_sid while playing too. I plays good in Deliplayer & Sidplay2/w.
Both songs downloaded from HVSC-library.

foo_sid

Reply #113
That's nice, I don't debug issues in libresid-fp, please forward them to the developer.

foo_sid

Reply #115
.....yes?

foo_sid

Reply #116
That's nice, I don't debug issues in libresid-fp, please forward them to the developer.

Then how come the audioplayer XMPlay with SID-addon (rev. 36) (it uses libsidplayfp v1.8.1 & SIDId V1.09) can play those tunes?

I don't think that XMPlay have as good UI as foobar2000 though.

@Mudlord: He misspelled it.

foo_sid

Reply #117
Hi Chris. Wondering if you have any plans to update foo_sid with the latest libsidplayfp? v1.8.1 is out with 3SID support (there are a few 3SIDs in the HVSC right now, not many) and some other tweaks.

Cheers
Dhry

Re: foo_sid

Reply #118
Hi,  I was looking for two versions older than the current release.  Are they available anywhere?  I couldn't find them.  My old Dual Core AMD Opteron 180 seems to be having trouble with the newer versions.  I'm getting long pauses.  Could be something else though.  I don't like using 300000 ms of buffer.  Thanks!

Reply #119
Switch the core to Resid instead of Resid-fp. Oh wait, the fork I'm using of that is even slower.

I don't have older versions, you'll have to build them yourself.

Reply #120
Hi,  I was looking for two versions older than the current release.  Are they available anywhere?  I couldn't find them.  My old Dual Core AMD Opteron 180 seems to be having trouble with the newer versions.  I'm getting long pauses.  Could be something else though.  I don't like using 300000 ms of buffer.  Thanks!
http://www.vgmpf.com/Wiki/index.php?title=SID_Decoder

Reply #122
Possibly useful, if you can avoid using the built-in components updater, as it will automatically fetch the latest version and install it.

Reply #123
@kode54
Let me take this opportunity to profusely/vigorously/intensely/overwhelmingly thank you for the SID plugin.
I LOVE being able to play C64 SIDs.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Reply #124
Thank you Thundik81 for providing the older components.  Special thanks to kode54 for the great plugin!

Just wanted to mention I'm getting crashes using this with foo_wave_seekbar.  I have assigned foo_wave_seekbar to render the 67000+ sid tracks from HVSC.  Went well for almost a month until I started getting crashes.  The latest version of foo_sid is most stable used in this case.  Thanks again!