Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar 0.9.5.3 and 3rd party components (Read 14556 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar 0.9.5.3 and 3rd party components

I post this so ppl can share their experiences with this latest foobar version which has an API removed and 3rd party components that have troubles because of that. Please check what other ppl have said and only add new ones.

For me:
foo_cwb_hooks: It mostly does not work anymore.
foo_uie_lyrics_art: It works except the only function that it provides. Version 0.057 and later should work fine.

From reports by others:
foo_custominfo
foo_dsp_crossfader
foo_etc
foo_func
foo_playlist_tree
foo_ui_panels
foo_uie_lyrics (prior 0.3.3.0)
foo_uie_powerpanels

Reply #1
foo_ui_panels, foo_uie_powerpanels, and foo_playlist_tree are all flagged as nonfunctional according to the startup notification, but they all *seem* to work for me. (Bear in mind that I use Columns UI with some Track Display panels and the SCPL rather than a true Panels UI config, and also that I did not undergo terribly extensive testing, so your mileage may vary.)

Reply #2
foo_dsp_crossfader
foo_ui_panels

for me.
:)

Reply #3
Some components which I know use the metadb_display_hook API

#foo_custominfo
#foo_etc
#foo_func
#foo_uie_lyrics (prior 0.3.3.0)
#foo_ui_panels (such as $getpvar())

Reply #4
The components should work, except for the parts that utilize the metadb_display_hook API. The custom functions that these components provide will fail. That is all.

Reply #5
is there a quick answer why removing metadb_display_hook was necessary? What is the long-term plan to provide similar functionality?

Reply #6
A wild guess would be "find what functionality is needed from the debris of fallen components and implement that functionality properly".
Stay sane, exile.

Reply #8
foo_playcount doesn't work for me in 0.9.5.3 b1.

Reply #9
which one? the mod one or the custom one? Can you post a version string of it?

Reply #10
If you use the official foo_playcount, you need to get the latest version from the foobar2000 homepage.

Reply #11
It turns out I was using an old version...not sure why I was using an old version.