Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Avatar upload prob (Read 4175 times) previous topic - next topic

While trying to upload avatar (png 76x100, 2 kB), I got this error
The error returned was:

You are not allowed to upload that type of file as an avatar

Seems that png extension caused this, since changing it to gif helped the avatar to be accepted.

Reply #1
Oh, ok. Seems I was misled by this
Avatars can now be uploaded in png format. Size limit is 20KB.

Reply #2
Wha? I already once fixed png upload and tested it and it worked??
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #3
I just tested uploading of png avatar, and it works perfectly fine for me.

edit. Infact I just saved my avatar to png-format and uploaded it. It works fine as you can see.
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #4
Hmm, I switched from Phoenix to IE and it works now. Seems it was a browser error after all.

Reply #5
I just tried to upload mine which is a (78x53, 256 color, 3.23kb) .png and received the error page.

Reply #6
Mine uploaded with no problem, but I changed it back to .gif because of the filesize.

Reply #7
Mine uploaded with no problem, but I changed it back to .gif because of the filesize.

Did you try pngcrush? http://pmt.sourceforge.net/pngcrush/
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #8
I finally got mine to upload and be accepted by saving it as a .gif.

Reply #9
You may wnat to change the error message from "You are not allowed to upload this kind of file" to "The file is too big" or something. I just ran into this problem myself. Admittedly, a search fixed it, but it's counter-intuitive to give a wrong error message.