Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Mac components (Read 3175 times) previous topic - next topic

Mac components

Does foobar2000 for Mac support components? If so, where's the SDK?

Re: Mac components

Reply #1
Sorry, no component support yet, at least not this year.
While it looks like it could work using Mac OS bundles, I don't have time to investigate this right now.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #2
Peter,
who all belongs to the fb2k mac version team?
I posted something that I don't know if it's in the right forum section.
I like to test fb2k software on the Mac!
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,123640.0.html
nice greetings
Fred (Fritz) - on M1 Mac, macOS Ventura

Reply #3
Thanks a lot for working on the mac version ! I'm so happy to see it alive :)
I recently switched to Mac, and the software I miss the most is my good old customized foobar2000 with its useful components ! To clean or bring back to life dead items, to have a waveform and a spectrogram to prepare my playlists :)
I hope it will continue on the great path of improvement !
Thanks a lot for working on it again ! Keep up the great work :)

Reply #4
Thanks a lot for working on the mac version ! I'm so happy to see it alive :)
I recently switched to Mac, and the software I miss the most is my good old customized foobar2000 with its useful components ! To clean or bring back to life dead items, to have a waveform and a spectrogram to prepare my playlists :)
I hope it will continue on the great path of improvement !
Thanks a lot for working on it again ! Keep up the great work :)
I mirror these sentiments exactly.

I love using foobar2k (still one of the best media players out there right now), but by using a Mac, I feel like I'm only getting a fraction of the experience. Great work with making it even work on Macs!

I can't wait until components can be readily installed on foobar2k when using a Mac.
πάθει μάθος

Reply #5
@retmia @Vhien the most important feature I missed in the Mac version is pass true - the same bit & sample rate to the external DAC as the music file is!
I owned many different music files from 16/44.1 till 24/192 or MQA, DSD
A build in DSD to PCM converter are missed too. My Jan Meier Corda Daccord ff DAC does't support DSD.
Otherwise foobar2000 v2.6 works well!
nice greetings

Reply #6
@fredonmac I am so glad that I can finally install some components! Now I just have to hope that a few of the older components are updated so that they work with Macs, but that's a separate issue.

foobar2k v.2.6 is a gem and I'm loving it so far.
πάθει μάθος

Reply #7
Is there a Mac version of the SACD component? I tried to use the one on Source Forge and it said it was not compiled for macOS.

DSD support is one of the KEY lacking features of Foobar2K on Mac.

DE.

Reply #8
I believe those projects on sourceforge have their own issue/feature request trackers. You'd have to create an account and ask there. Pretty sure the dev never posts here.

And so far, I'm pretty sure there are no 3rd party mac components. If they exist, people are doing a good job of hiding them, :P

Reply #9
I will send this requests too
Another music player is the OpenSource DeaDBeeF. Foobar could also take a step back from its graphic design.
https://deadbeef.sourceforge.io/

As audio player I use:
Foobar2000 v2.6
Fidelia (from Apple's App Store)
Audirvana Studio
Media Center 32
Decibel (Ver. 2.0 beta 32 (32))
DeaDBeeF

Ripping:
dBpoweramp Music Converter (Ripping, Converting)
XLD (Ripping)

Editing, Test:
Mp3tag (Meta Text Editing)
PerfectTUNES (AccurateRip)

M1 MacMini, Sonoma
nice greetings

Reply #10
I will send this requests too
Another music player is the OpenSource DeaDBeeF. Foobar could also take a step back from its graphic design.

As audio player I use:
Foobar2000 v2.6
Fidelia (from Apple's App Store)
Audirvana Studio
Media Center 32
Decibel (Ver. 2.0 beta 32 (32))
DeaDBeeF

Ripping:
dBpoweramp Music Converter (Ripping, Converting)
XLD (Ripping)

Editing, Test:
Mp3tag (Meta Text Editing)
PerfectTUNES (AccurateRip)

M1 MacMini, Sonoma

This post is extremely helpful. In a search for free MacOS music players I could not find DeadBeef, so that's age of information. I know XLD can split a cue sheet and encode Flac. I don't know how seamless the process is. The important point is MacOS users have solutions even if FB2K for MacOS is never as complete as the Windows version is.

Reply #11
This post is extremely helpful. In a search for free MacOS music players I could not find DeadBeef, so that's age of information. I know XLD can split a cue sheet and encode Flac. I
[/quote]

Nightly builds
https://deadbeef.sourceforge.io/download.html
Mac DeaDBeeF Nightly for Mac Universal x86_64 and arm64
Please note, that Deadbeef build for Mac is not code-signed, and therefore Gatekeeper will not allow it to run by default.
nice greetings