Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_upnp (Read 1627391 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_upnp

Reply #1501
also, a minor issue, the latest foobar2000 1.1.11 seems changed the default component/plugin file extension. So, by default, the component installation page does not show any .dll file. I need to manually put a * in the filename field to select foo_upnp.dll

foo_upnp

Reply #1502
also, maybe it's OT. I just tried BubbleUPnP server on the same PC as my foobar2000 upnp server, to expose the upnp server for remote streaming. And use a Android phone with BubbleUPnP app to access the BubbleUPnP server. Browsing and streaming all work great.

But, I have my foobar2000 server name in Japanese. When viewing through android app (also from other remote controller using the app's "Advertise on LAN" function), it shows my foobar2000 server name in garbage character! I'm not sure the problem is on BubbleUPnP server or the app...

foo_upnp

Reply #1503
foo_upnp seems to serve up old/cached playlists, even when a UPnP client specifically asks for an updated version. For example, when BubbleUPnP for Android connects to BubbleUPnP server (used in conjunction with foo_upnp), restarting either the client or the server doesn't fix the issue. Restarting foo_upnp's media server is the only way for the correct playlist to be shown.

INFO level log: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=A7s7eP5j

foo_upnp

Reply #1504
Been using foobar for about 9 years.  Not posted on this forum for a few years but had to log in and say thanks for this plug in.......it was exactly what I needed.  So many option and the fact it is so customizable and allows use of foobars dsp chain is amazing.
Keep up the good work.

foo_upnp

Reply #1505
I asked about this in the TVersity forum as well, I hope someone can help me out. Thanks for reading anyway!

When I try to play songs from the Foobar2000 1.1.11 playlist that were added with the UPnP browser from my local TVersity 1.9.7 server, errors are generated and the songs won't play. This goes on until every song in the playlist generated an error. The errors look like this:

Unable to open item for playback (Reported file timestamp changed):
"http://192.168.1.75:41952/getres/38751/16+ganymed+stand+by+your+love.mp3.mp3.mp3"

"http://192.168.1.75:41952/getres/38752/17+ganymed+dancing+in+a+disco.mp3.mp3.mp3"

Now when I put the song's address (e.g. http://192.168.1.75:41952/getres/38752/17+...co.mp3.mp3.mp3) into Windows Media Player 12, the songs plays normal. When added to Foobar2000 with "add location" it also generates an error like stated above. I have to say that Foobar2000 with the foo_upnp plugin is the only player that gives errors with TVersity. Every music file of the TVersity server plays well by using a Roberts stream83i radio or my android phone with BubbleUPnP or Plugplayer. Strange thing is that songs that I add to Foobar2000 with the UPnP browser from Twonkyserver 6.0 are playing OK. Does someone have a clue how to get rid of these timestamp errors?? Maybe there is a way to disable timestamp checking?

Thanks for your time!

kind regards,

André

foo_upnp

Reply #1506
I asked about this in the TVersity forum as well, I hope someone can help me out. Thanks for reading anyway!

When I try to play songs from the Foobar2000 1.1.11 playlist that were added with the UPnP browser from my local TVersity 1.9.7 server, errors are generated and the songs won't play. This goes on until every song in the playlist generated an error. The errors look like this:

"http://192.168.1.75:41952/getres/38751/16+ganymed+stand+by+your+love.mp3.mp3.mp3"

"http://192.168.1.75:41952/getres/38752/17+ganymed+dancing+in+a+disco.mp3.mp3.mp3"

Now when I put the song's address (e.g. http://192.168.1.75:41952/getres/38752/17+...co.mp3.mp3.mp3) into Windows Media Player 12, the songs plays normal. When added to Foobar2000 with "add location" it also generates an error like stated above. I have to say that Foobar2000 with the foo_upnp plugin is the only player that gives errors with TVersity. Every music file of the TVersity server plays well by using a Roberts stream83i radio or my android phone with BubbleUPnP or Plugplayer. Strange thing is that songs that I add to Foobar2000 with the UPnP browser from Twonkyserver 6.0 are playing OK. Does someone have a clue how to get rid of these timestamp errors?? Maybe there is a way to disable timestamp checking?

Thanks for your time!

kind regards,

André

I gave up and just bought TwonkySpecial 7.0.7 for the amount of € 7,50........ works GREAT with Foobar2000 and foo_upnp!

foo_upnp

Reply #1507
Love foobar, love foo_upnp, especially how configurable it is, hierarchy, transcoding etc. Only problem is my generic upnp player (Cobra CIR 1000 internet radio) doesn't seem to get on with the server. At the end of the first track in an album it stops and won't play any more. Doesn't matter whether it is transcoding or streaming mp3. Other players (h/w or s/w) don't have this problem. Any suggestions out there?

w7  x64
foobar2k v1.1.6
foo_upnp downloaded yesterday, whatever version that is (21/4/12?)

Cheers,
Guy

foo_upnp

Reply #1508
Thank you for this wonderful plugin! Want to ask one more question about it: Is it possible to view individual tracks contained by a node in the UPnP browser tree? What I am missing is a
  • sign in front of a node/album/folder. If this is possible, one could easily add single tracks to a playlist. I also have some folders that contain several hundreds of tracks, I really would like to be able to "click them open" when browsing by folder and add individual tracks to the playlist.

Thanks for all the effort you put in this plugin, it is great to have the possibility to connect everything with UPnP here at home!

foo_upnp

Reply #1509
I'm trying to "remote control" an instance of foobar2000. It seems that the device acting as the remote (a Windows Phone in this example) is "read" by foobar_upnp in foobar2000, and the profile is selected based on that remote. So, in my case, the Windows Phone gets treated as a member of the "Default" Streaming Profile, even though playback is happening on the instance of foobar2000 itself.

Is this expected behavior?

My real question is this: If I only want to remote control an instance of foobar2000, and have it play the local files, will foo_upnp work for that? When I start playback, I see that the track is actually playiong from an http address. Is there anyway to have it play the local file, similar to clikcing "Play" on the foobar2000 instance itself?

Thanks, and thanks for the effort hat went in to this component!

foo_upnp

Reply #1510
Also, It seems that the tracks are sorted by Name, and not Track Number, when sent to the client? Is that the case... or is my client doing that? (Using AllShare)

foo_upnp

Reply #1511
Hello, I'm trying to connect Foobar to a remote BubbleUPnP server and it fails from multiple machines. This remote server works just fine from the Android BubbleUPnP app, and I have verified through a web browser that I can hit the remote host and log in.

I get the following in the Foobar debug log when attempting to add the remote server through the UPnP browser:

Code: [Select]
foo_upnp: 367.367934: PLT_CtrlPoint::InspectDevice(1195)/9372: INFO: New device "93e41c6e-2091-1b9b-36bc-7ce94edc677e" detected @ https://HIDDEN/DeviceDescription.xml
foo_upnp: 368.368531: PLT_CtrlPoint::ProcessGetDescriptionResponse(1337)/9372: SEVERE: Bad Description response for device "93e41c6e-2091-1b9b-36bc-7ce94edc677e":
foo_upnp: 368.368531: PLT_CtrlPoint::CleanupDevice(1089)/9372: INFO: Removing 93e41c6e-2091-1b9b-36bc-7ce94edc677e from device list

Any help please?

foo_upnp

Reply #1512
Hello, I'm trying to connect Foobar to a remote BubbleUPnP server and it fails from multiple machines. This remote server works just fine from the Android BubbleUPnP app, and I have verified through a web browser that I can hit the remote host and log in.

Thank you for reporting this issue that I introduced in 0.99.39. It is now fixed in the just released 0.99.40:

• (regression): fixed "View > Add remote Internet UPnP Server..." not connecting to BubbleUPnP Server since 0.99.39
  • server: faster to return folders containing mp3s. Mostly noticeable on huge playlists.

foo_upnp

Reply #1513
foo_upnp seems to serve up old/cached playlists, even when a UPnP client specifically asks for an updated version. For example, when BubbleUPnP for Android connects to BubbleUPnP server (used in conjunction with foo_upnp), restarting either the client or the server doesn't fix the issue. Restarting foo_upnp's media server is the only way for the correct playlist to be shown.

Known limitation of foo_upnp which is not fixable without nearly a full rewrite of the server, which will not happen.

foo_upnp

Reply #1514
also, a minor issue, the latest foobar2000 1.1.11 seems changed the default component/plugin file extension. So, by default, the component installation page does not show any .dll file. I need to manually put a * in the filename field to select foo_upnp.dll

Donwload link on first post of this topic points to a zip file now

foo_upnp

Reply #1515
Thank you for this wonderful plugin! Want to ask one more question about it: Is it possible to view individual tracks contained by a node in the UPnP browser tree? What I am missing is a
  • sign in front of a node/album/folder. If this is possible, one could easily add single tracks to a playlist. I also have some folders that contain several hundreds of tracks, I really would like to be able to "click them open" when browsing by folder and add individual tracks to the playlist.

Thanks for all the effort you put in this plugin, it is great to have the possibility to connect everything with UPnP here at home!

The default behaviour when you click a node that contains tracks in the UPnP browser tree is to send those tracks to the "UPnP Browser selection" playlist.
From which you can select tracks for playing on enqueing to any renderer either with :

- context menu > UPnP Controller > Play on.... (or Enqueue on...)
- drag'n'drop selected tracks on the UPnP Controller panel (for immediate play on the active renderer) or drag'n'drop + holding SHIFT for enqueuing

Or you can drag'n'drop selected tracks to any playlist for local playback

foo_upnp

Reply #1516
Thank you for reporting this issue that I introduced in 0.99.39. It is now fixed in the just released 0.99.40:

• (regression): fixed "View > Add remote Internet UPnP Server..." not connecting to BubbleUPnP Server since 0.99.39
  • server: faster to return folders containing mp3s. Mostly noticeable on huge playlists.

Thanks, this fixed my issue.

foo_upnp

Reply #1517
I'm trying to "remote control" an instance of foobar2000. It seems that the device acting as the remote (a Windows Phone in this example) is "read" by foobar_upnp in foobar2000, and the profile is selected based on that remote. So, in my case, the Windows Phone gets treated as a member of the "Default" Streaming Profile, even though playback is happening on the instance of foobar2000 itself.

Is this expected behavior?

Yes it is expected. foo_upnp cannot know which is the target renderer of your Windows Phone Control Point app. It could be the phone itself (for Control Points that are also renderers) or anything else. If you only ever control foobar2000, it is safe to copy the foobar2000 profile settings in the Default profile.

My real question is this: If I only want to remote control an instance of foobar2000, and have it play the local files, will foo_upnp work for that? When I start playback, I see that the track is actually playiong from an http address. Is there anyway to have it play the local file, similar to clikcing "Play" on the foobar2000 instance itself?

It is similar in the sense foobar2000 core decodes the http stream served by foo_upnp which if no transcoding or conversion to PCM happens, is the original file.

foo_upnp

Reply #1518
Also, It seems that the tracks are sorted by Name, and not Track Number, when sent to the client? Is that the case... or is my client doing that? (Using AllShare)

Do you mean browsing foo_upnp server from AllShare or browsing AllShare with the UPnP Browser ?

foo_upnp

Reply #1519
I am attempting to use Foobar running on my desktop PC to send music to PlugPlayer on my iPad which in turn is feeding my DAC/preamp.  As far as I can tell there are no configurable settings for the upnp controller in foobar so I am puzzled as to why PlugPlayer does not show up in Foobar as a renderer.  There must be something obvious I am overlooking but I have checked all the settings I can find.

My setup is windows 7 (firewall off) running foobar2000 as a server, files on a NAS drive and an iPad connected to the wifi network.  The PlugPlayer renderer on the iPad has the "Allow UPnP Control" set to ON.

foo_upnp

Reply #1520
How can I use foobar2000 as client of another foobar with foo_upnp plugin?

foo_upnp

Reply #1521
I am attempting to use Foobar running on my desktop PC to send music to PlugPlayer on my iPad which in turn is feeding my DAC/preamp.  As far as I can tell there are no configurable settings for the upnp controller in foobar so I am puzzled as to why PlugPlayer does not show up in Foobar as a renderer.  There must be something obvious I am overlooking but I have checked all the settings I can find.

My setup is windows 7 (firewall off) running foobar2000 as a server, files on a NAS drive and an iPad connected to the wifi network.  The PlugPlayer renderer on the iPad has the "Allow UPnP Control" set to ON.

Difficult to say what happens here. Does the PP renderer appears in WMP "Play to" menu ?

foo_upnp

Reply #1522
How can I use foobar2000 as client of another foobar with foo_upnp plugin?

Use the UPnP Browser on the client (View > UPnP Browser for standalone window, or add it to your layout as a DUI Element).

foo_upnp

Reply #1523

Do you mean browsing foo_upnp server from AllShare or browsing AllShare with the UPnP Browser ?

It seems that browsing the foo_upnp server from _any_ client on my Windows Phone shows the tracks in alphabetical order, and not in "track" order. I'd rather not have to name tracks with "01 - Name."

Is this a client issue? Something you can address in foo_upnp?

foo_upnp

Reply #1524

It seems that browsing the foo_upnp server from _any_ client on my Windows Phone shows the tracks in alphabetical order, and not in "track" order. I'd rather not have to name tracks with "01 - Name."

Is this a client issue? Something you can address in foo_upnp?

Do your files have the "track number" tag set ? If not, there is no way the server can return them in track order.