Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: LyricsDB discussion (Read 413534 times) previous topic - next topic

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #525
nobody is complaining at all, so we just going beta, i guess.
dezisehtnys eb lliw noitulover eht

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #526
It is definitely working without any hitches! Thank you for all your work!

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #527
Anyway to make it download the lyrics automatically?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #528
Do we have a couple guys online, to test a bit new build?
No changes at all, just to check if I break something

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #529
new build of what?
0.0.8 alpha 1 works fine here

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #530
You would not believe.
After three and a half years we have a new plugin build.

What's new? Not much:
- removed annoying bug with the uncancable request window: it just could be canceled now.
- added select all (Ctrl+A) and quick search (Ctrl+F or F3) in lyrics view window.
Some minor changes I can't remember.

download link: http://lyrics.mirkforce.net/files/foo_lyricsdb_008_beta0.zip

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #531
You got promoted. Congratulations

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #532
Congrats 

Exactly those two features which i was longing to have. So i see it as much more then "not much"

Thanks!

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #533
The export to DB feature seems not working. (?)

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #534
Maybe you will have the time to update to 1.0 foobar2000 API?
Thanks.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #535
Maybe you will have the time to update to 1.0 foobar2000 API?
Thanks.

oh lord... thanks, I was not aware of...
I hate, by the way, almost everything about foobars after 0.9.4.4
but thanks, i'll take a look

update: the new SDK is not available yet

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #536
I've been using this plug-in almost as long as I've been using foobar, and I've never had a problem with it. However, I've started using iTunes to manage my iPod and I wondering if there's any reason why iTunes wouldn't or shouldn't read the lyrics tag this plugin creates?

I'm trying to view lyrics in iTunes through it's version of file properties. I've been writing tags in foobar as id3v2 (2.4) & id3v1, though I've tried converting a few to id3v2.3 in mp3tag. I've tried re-"getting" lyrics for all songs with the current versions of both foobar and lyricsdb (I've been using foobar+lyricsdb for a couple years).

Help please!

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #537
Sorry to double post, but I don't see and option to edit my previous post. Perhaps I am standing too close to the forest to see the trees again? I should have used the custom Google search on the top of the page before posting, opposed to the board search.

The first hit had the solution to my problem: store mp3 lyrics in %UNSYNCED LYRICS% vs. %LYRICS%.

Sorry for any fuss. 

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #538
I'd like to signal a more serious problem of foo_lyricsdb 0.0.8 beta 0 with foobar2000 v1.0 beta 5:
pasting new lyrics in the panel it does work, while, if I write the lyrics with the keyboard, typing the char "a" deletes the text previously written.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #539
Hey there... nice plugin but is there any way to make this as a panel in the interface? I mean to edit the interface so it will stand beside the library as opposed to a floating window? Also maybe a short readme with instructions in the archive would be appropriate for users that pick the plugin via google.

thanks!

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #540
Hey there... nice plugin but is there any way to make this as a panel in the interface? I mean to edit the interface so it will stand beside the library as opposed to a floating window? Also maybe a short readme with instructions in the archive would be appropriate for users that pick the plugin via google.

thanks!

the floating window is actually an editor for the lyrics, and when you press ok it writes those lyrics to mp3 tag. you can use another component like foo_textdisplay to print them

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #541
I know the floating window is an editor and I know when you press OK it writes lyrics to the tag and I don't need them to be printed. I would like that the window that display the lyrics... like the one in which you edit them,  to be integrated in the interface... I have enough space on the screen and would be neat and would spear me for a lot of  unneeded clicks.

Like the same plugin for winamp that can snap to the window of winamp and stay there for good.

Let me give you another example: Suppose nobody think that is useful to have the playlist displayed all the time... suppose you need to press 3-4 buttons to have it in view and one ask for such thing to be locked in the interface in plain view and other one says:

"The playlist window can be edited, also when you press OK it saves the playlist for later use and... pressing Ctrl+P prints the content to the nearest color printer... isn't that cool?" What would be your opinion of the second person?

Thanks!

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #542

thanks!

the floating window is actually an editor for the lyrics, and when you press ok it writes those lyrics to mp3 tag. you can use another component like foo_textdisplay to print them

hey - did you read that post? did you look for foo_textdisplay?
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=64478
No! seems not - because then you would know he means, you can print your lyrics to the screen not to an color printer...
The editor window is for edit the lyrics and write them to the %LYRICS% ID3 Tag and with foo_textdisplay integrated in your layout, you can "print" out your %LYRICS% Tag onto your Screen - inside - your - foobar2000 enviroment.

Test it!
cheers

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #543
Many thanks... it worked.

Sorry for the confusion but, it wasn't easy to understand that print means show... I thought Tonto is just enumerating the rest of plugin features (or other plugin)  .

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #544
thanks for all.

I'm new with plugins and that stuff and tried it today!

downloaded your lyricsdb and the textviewer for the interface and everthing worked at the first time
happy that i understood that $crlf() meens a break in the text so i could make my prefered design.

will there be an automaticly download for the lyrics?? like asked for a viewer entrys ago i think..

or is there any way for this that i missed  in my research or in options...?

thanks for all again..  i'm happy to have a nice lyrics plugin finally..

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #545
First: As far as I can see, last plugin version just works with foobar v1.0?

Second: It's not that simple to recompile plugin with new SDK, just don't work. Looks like I'll have to spend more time trying to fight that and it won't be really soon. But I will eventually.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #546
Hi everyone,

I'm using LyricsDB with foobar 1.0 and I'm wondering if there is any limit as to how many lyrics I can request in a certain time period?

I'm looking to grab the lyrics for my whole collection, which is around 27,000 songs. It worked great yesterday until about the G's, then it stopped. Today did a couple separate runs to get to the Ps, but I'm having a problem where it starts the request (and the popup), but before any lyrics are transferred the popup goes away and nothing has happened. Anyway, just wondering if there was a cap and this was by design?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #547
hey

no, there's no any limit for now. it's just not really good idea to request 27'000 of songs  I think the best way is to request portions like 100-200 songs, you'll figure. There's some problems with design, but no restrictions yet

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #548
hey

no, there's no any limit for now. it's just not really good idea to request 27'000 of songs  I think the best way is to request portions like 100-200 songs, you'll figure. There's some problems with design, but no restrictions yet

Thanks for the information, and your hard work on this project dug 

It's strange, I sometimes have this problem even if I am trying to get lyrics for only 20 songs. It starts and looks like it processes for the first couple songs, then the pop up which shows the progress vanishes completely and nothing else happens, as if I canceled. Anyway, the workaround I found is to turn on the "show every lyric before applying" option, and after about 10 seconds of retrieving lyrics I can just check the "apply to all" option and it successfully processes everything.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #549
Not sure if I'm not doing things right, but I can't get the plugin to work under F2K 1.0.  It worked fine with the older versions.  I'm running it under Win XP SP3.

The problem is that the Lyrics menu is not present in the F2K contextual menu, and I don't know how to call the plugin.  Its preferences page is present in the Tools section, so I guess the problem is related to the new way F2K 1.0 handles the menu.  Note that I can't find the LyricsDB functions in the preferences sections Display > Context Menu and General -> Keyboard Shortcuts.  Seems that on my system, only the preference page works as expected.

Are there known compatibility problems with other plugins?  Have I missed something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I can't live without the LyricsDB plugin!  ;-)