Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Shuffle play skipping songs that were previously playing (Read 1783 times) previous topic - next topic

Shuffle play skipping songs that were previously playing

Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible to use "Random Playback" skipping songs that were previously playing.
I'll give an example to make it clear :

I make a playlist of 500 christmas songs and start "random playback".
On the first day I randomly play 100 songs.
On the second day I want to use the same playlist, randomly listen to it but avoid playing the 100 songs I heard yesterday without having to remove them from the playlist.
I thought it would be possible, since foobar keeps track of the songs played (in "console").

Thanks in advance for your tips,
funkyman

Re: Shuffle play skipping songs that were previously playing

Reply #2
^ You'd need both Skip Track and Playback Statistics components. Use a skip query as described in this post.

Reply #3
I was wondering if it was possible to use "Random Playback" skipping songs that were previously playing.

Random playback mode is not the same as the shuffle mode, which you mention in the topic title. Based on my experience (I don't know how it actually works under the hood), shuffle (tracks) mode does exactly what you are asking for, given you don't make changes to the palylist while playing it. To make sure played songs are not repeated across sessions, I believe you have to check the "Save playback state when closing foobar2000..." in preferences>playback.
I'm late

Reply #4
To make sure played songs are not repeated across sessions, I believe you have to check the "Save playback state when closing foobar2000..." in preferences>playback.
As far as I know, there is no way to save the shuffle order between program sessions. That option doesn't do it, at least. :(
Think millionaire, but with cannons.