Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Pixels of CD photos in playlist columns (Read 6897 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pixels of CD photos in playlist columns

Reply #25
I've uploaded an updated version which exposes %front_cover_bytes%. Note that all previously saved will be lost as I've changed the internals for how data is stored. All files will need scanning again. Also, the component now requires fb2k v1.6 or above.

https://github.com/marc2k3/foo_jscript_panel/wiki/Other-Components#foo_cover_info

edit: the breaking changes have nothing to do with exposing the file size in bytes - it was always stored internally that way. The breaking changes come from me no longer storing/checking the last modified timestamps of files. All selected files are now scanned regardless.

Reply #26
Thanks for the update.

How should I scan the entire music library now?

And what about the index-data: is still named "95EA6D78-0081-4080-A599-64A148BABCE5"?

Reply #27
Library menu>Album List. Use the context menu on the root All music node.

That old file is obsolete with the newest component and can be deleted. The new filename used is

3AC4AB0A-8B30-4B9E-A248-5207DDA6ABAA

Reply #28
@snotlicker

Thank you very much!

Reply #29
Can't link the function to an icon?

Reply #31
Thanks a lot for your time!
But I think this is not valid to scan the entire library, am I wrong?

Reply #32
I am sorry to disturb you, but I just asked the question above because, from what I noticed, it is only possible to scan selected tracks in the playlist, and not the complete library, as with the previous version of the component, which I use again.

Anyway, I like a lot your component. Thanks again.

Reply #33
I've updated foo_cover_info so db records are now preserved if people use file operations to rename/move files.

Full details: https://github.com/marc2k3/fb2k-component#foo_cover_info
Download: https://github.com/marc2k3/fb2k-component/releases/latest

edit: regarding scanning the entire library, any library viewer/playlist selection can be right clicked, If you don't have Album list or similar present in your layout, open it from the Library menu and right click the root node.

Reply #34
This component is ultra useful in my workflow. Thanks for the update.

Reply #35
Hi marc2k3. I suppose this is the defacto thread for foo_cover_info? I couldn't find another one, my apologies if this is in the wrong place.

I find this component very useful! However, I have found that it doesn't interact too well with foo_external_tags. In my limited tests I have noticed only certain formats are negatively affected, ostensibly those which support covers natively e.g. MP3, OGG, FLAC, though there may be others. I have experienced no problems like this with various game audio formats, for example.

If covers have only been attached externally, scanning will not detect them on these formats, and clearing/re-scanning cover info doesn't help. With wanting to keep covers external for a few reasons, the only thing I know that works is: Commit External Tags to files -> attach covers (if necessary) -> scan -> remove covers -> Create External tags -> attach covers again, and hope you don't need to move/rename files/do anything that would wipe out the scan info at any point in future and have to repeat the process. :D

Are you able to advise? Thanks.

(EDIT: just realised I was on an old version 0.0.5, I'll try updating.)

Reply #36
The foobar2000 SDK abstracts all the hard work away and I don't have to know or care about the underlying file formats and there is no special handling for anything. I can't say why some things work and some don't???

What I must do to get embedded art is use the raw path of each playlist item. The equivalent title formatting is %_path_raw% and if the foobar2000 SDK method I pass this value to refuses it, there is nothing I can do?? Perhaps @Case can chip in.

Relevant bit of my code is here...

https://github.com/marc2k3/fb2k-component/blob/8736adb3ade3a6733b061cf7ba5d491eec130ea1/foo_cover_info/CoverInfo.h#L39L45

I guess it's failing on the first or last line of the highlighted block.