Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 0.9.2 beta 4 released (Read 49255 times) previous topic - next topic

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #50
Now all we need in foobar is a way to remove items from the 'Field name' list again (typo's)

You can already wipe out the history with an right click on the drop down box. Although you can't remove specific entries.

Great, thank you for pointing this out.
For those who didn't know this either, you have to right-click on the icon which expands the dropdown.

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #52
Hmm I'm still thinking if I update to beta 3 or stay stick to 0.9.1
-foobar2000 + Burrrn + EAC
-HD 80Gb using High QualityVBR MP3s

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #53
there is still typo in genre psychedelic, in foobar it is called psychadelic. I dont think it is that hard to fix this, reported about it when foobar was in 0.9 beta. Even winamp shows it correctly. Pls fix it

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #54
there is still typo in genre psychedelic, in foobar it is called psychadelic. I dont think it is that hard to fix this, reported about it when foobar was in 0.9 beta. Even winamp shows it correctly. Pls fix it

from the Lame documentation (id3.htm):
The following genres are supported:
(...)
67 - Psychadelic
(...)
93 - Psychedelic Rock

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #55
'Psychedelic Rock' was added by Winamp or something. They obviously got the spelling correct. 'Psychadelic' was part of the original ID3v1 standard (in other words, i don't understand why nobody has fixed it in the last 10 years).
~

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #56
Probably because the (mis?)spelling of an obscure genre in an outdated standard is not top priority for many people.

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #57
Probably because the (mis?)spelling of an obscure genre in an outdated standard is not top priority for many people.

It's not that obscure, and it's obviously still showing up in a current standard. The only reason I can come up with other than a simple misspelling is that it's purposely spelled that way for "uniqueness" (a la some infomercial-advertised box set).
It should be "Psychedelic", except that...

"Psychadelic" is in all the 2.x standards. It is listed under "The following genres is defined in ID3v1" [sic!]... which made me realize that correcting the spelling would break compatibility with id3v1. Am I wrong? I don't know a ton about the standards.

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #58
Another current problem is about context menu.
Every time you restart foobar2000 and reset Context Menu page in Preferences, you get it sorted differently. So, there's no default, uniform menu. Why not sort it alphabetically or, maybe better, items with submenus before single items?
stimulating the audio nerve directly

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #59
Every time you restart foobar2000 and reset Context Menu page in Preferences, you get it sorted differently. So, there's no default, uniform menu. Why not sort it alphabetically or, maybe better, items with submenus before single items?
Because that would require installing a shell extension. At the moment, foobar2000 merely uses file associations which are less intrusive than a shell extension (they also never require a system restart when updated).

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #60
Because that would require installing a shell extension. At the moment, foobar2000 merely uses file associations which are less intrusive than a shell extension (they also never require a system restart when updated).

I'm pretty positive he meant in-application context menus -- when you right click in the playlist.

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #61
would it be possible for the dsp presets to be made hotkey-able? i sometimes forget to switch to night-mode before switching off my monitor, and i doubt switching it off and on all the time is good for it in the long run

much appreciated

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #62
would it be possible for the dsp presets to be made hotkey-able? i sometimes forget to switch to night-mode before switching off my monitor, and i doubt switching it off and on all the time is good for it in the long run

much appreciated

while waiting use this:
Configurator
Music is my first love.

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #63

I'm pretty positive he meant in-application context menus -- when you right click in the playlist.

Yes, indeed.
stimulating the audio nerve directly

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #65
Some minor requests about the shuffle function.

minor
As far as I have seen, instead of shuffle, "random" would fit the function. As In shuffle mode, it usually reads tracks (or whatever) in disorder but needs to have read all tracks once to restart playing the same file for a second time.

Moreover, my music is mostly stored on an external hard drive that I turn off when I shut down my computer. And when I restart my computer, one of the first things I do is opening foobar, even if the  external hard drive isn't working. And when I use shuffle (for albums), I have an error message telling me that foobar can't find the file (which is normal) but then jumps from one album to another album to find files that it could open creating long error message. And when I finally turn on my external hard drive, the album I am listening to is no longer the same that the one I listened to previously. Changing this behavior would be nice for my case, even if it could be nice in other cases..

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #66
As In shuffle mode, it usually reads tracks (or whatever) in disorder but needs to have read all tracks once to restart playing the same file for a second time.

similar request:  we use foobar here at work instead of listening to the radio.  we load a bunch of songs into it and set it on "shuffle (tracks)".  this will usually work fine (not repeat a song until all have been played once) unless someone comes by and double-clicks on a song in the playlist that they want to hear.  then it seems that the list gets reset and songs start playing that have already played while others still have not been played.  it would be nice if foobar would still not repeat songs until the rest have been played even if a song was manually selected.  i hope that makes sense.. thanks.

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #67
similar request:  we use foobar here at work instead of listening to the radio.  we load a bunch of songs into it and set it on "shuffle (tracks)".  this will usually work fine (not repeat a song until all have been played once) unless someone comes by and double-clicks on a song in the playlist that they want to hear.  then it seems that the list gets reset and songs start playing that have already played while others still have not been played.  it would be nice if foobar would still not repeat songs until the rest have been played even if a song was manually selected.  i hope that makes sense.. thanks.

I'd revert to foobar 0.83 + shuffle plugin. I mean it's just a playback fb2k@work. You can shuffle by tags there, you can define how "far" it jumps, and reset the shuffle history... For the "unless someone comes by and double-clicks on a song in the playlist that they want to hear" you would use foo_temple (the better playback queue, also 0.83)

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #69
I'm not usually one to ask for features in the player itself, but I think it would be very useful if there were a tagz string for retrieving the current DSP preset mode, something that would be handy for displaying in the statusbar.  Something like %dsp_preset%

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #71
since running beta 2 upwards when ever I close foobar, it still remains the running taks and I have to manually force close it, even though it dissapears off the screen, I hope its just a component thats doing it, and the only one I have added recently is the playlist_dropdown, so I will have to see its that or if the new version fixes it anyways..

anyone with a change log?

results look promising with beta 4 so far and shutting down properly

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #72
since running beta 2 upwards when ever I close foobar, it still remains the running taks and I have to manually force close it, even though it dissapears off the screen, I hope its just a component thats doing it, and the only one I have added recently is the playlist_dropdown, so I will have to see its that or if the new version fixes it anyways..

This was caused by foo_audioscrobbler 1.3.0. Get 1.3.2, it should be fixed

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #73
Thx for beta 4

A suggestion from me would be to let it be possible when adding music to let the processing of music run in the background .. It takes for ever to add a folder with music so I could just as well customice it that time.. Hope to see this in the final

Thx for a great player!

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #74
A suggestion from me would be to let it be possible when adding music to let the processing of music run in the background .. It takes for ever to add a folder with music so I could just as well customice it that time.. Hope to see this in the final

I second that. Also, an option to just scan selective folders in stead of the whole libray (scan all) would be very nice and less time consuming.

Other than that: awesome! 

schroeder