Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is there actually a way to remove or edit "details" information from MP3 files? (Read 2657 times) previous topic - next topic

Is there actually a way to remove or edit "details" information from MP3 files?

In case you don't know what I mean.

Here is a screenshot:

I know, first world problems. I personally just dont need the info at all and it looks ugly anyway. So far I have found no program that can remove or edit these information. Not all MP3s come with them. Probably up to the encoder used.

Maybe somebody knows a way? I tried tools like MP3Tag but they dont even show this kind of information, doesnt seem to be saved in tags anyway.

Re: Is there actually a way to remove or edit "details" information from MP3 files?

Reply #1
This information is necessary for gapless playback, BTW.

Re: Is there actually a way to remove or edit "details" information from MP3 files?

Reply #2
I personally just dont need the info at all and it looks ugly anyway.
What about right-clicking in that pane and unselecting "Other"? Out of sight, out of mind?

The only other "Other" information I've seen, is for foo_youtube - and then two Matroska fields: <STREAM_LANGUAGE> in Matroska (dunno how to change that, but I don't care enough) and <CHANNEL_MODE>.

A minor inconsistency though:
Normally if I select several files which share a tag value, fb2k shows it. But if I select for example several Matroska chapters from the same file, and which all share the same <STREAM_LANGUAGE>, the info field disappears.