Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: don't activate window when open from file (Read 2018 times) previous topic - next topic

don't activate window when open from file

I think an option to prevent the main window from coming up when opening from a file even if it is minimized or not running would be nice.

I think this will be a useful feature because I often find myself clicking through many music files in explorer to get a quick idea of which song or sound effect it is, and it can be a hassle having to minimize foobar each time. Thanks. =)

don't activate window when open from file

Reply #1
I think an option to prevent the main window from coming up when opening from a file even if it is minimized or not running would be nice.

This option exists already:
Preferences > General > Windows Shell Interaction > [ ] Bring to front when adding new files