Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playlist Creation for Media Servers?????? (Read 2053 times) previous topic - next topic

Playlist Creation for Media Servers??????

I need some more help here.

I have flac, 500 CD’s. and some HD audio Cd’s on my network NAS.
I used VLC to build a Playlist .m3u file that is the standard for Playlist.
I have an OPPO 105d, and a Denon AVP-A1HDCI that I use for media playback.

I put the .m3u file in my NAS music file but neither of the devices see the Playlist.

They have Playlist tabs, but those Playlist do not appear.

I have no idea how to use playlist with these devices, or how to build a .cue playlist.

Oppo told me to use playlist  .cue files.

How do I make playable Playlist files. 

Re: Playlist Creation for Media Servers??????

Reply #1
A CUE sheet is a file that describes how the tracks of a CD are laid out, it's not a playlist format. CUE sheet support for CD rips is very limited in hardware terms, so it's interesting that Oppo have told you to go down this route.

It's trivial to create one to test, just put your absolute or relative path names in a text file in the following format:

Code: [Select]
FILE "./AlbumArtist1/AlbumA/01.flac" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
FILE "./AlbumArtist2/AlbumB/01.flac" WAVE
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
FILE "./AlbumArtist3/AlbumC/01.flac" WAVE
  TRACK 03 AUDIO

I guess if you already have playlists it should be trivial to convert them to this format if they work.

Reply #2
hello,
I also have all my music on Synology NAS , I used foobar to on my notebook to create playlist, works well .
I like to have this playlist also available on my Android Tablet (Samsung S7+) using foobar app but without running my notebook in parallel.
Any idea how this might work ?
Thanks
Peter

Reply #3
I like to have this playlist also available on my Android Tablet (Samsung S7+) using foobar app but without running my notebook in parallel.

Have a look at Playlist Manager SMP, it allows you to semi-automatically sync a foobar-internal playlist with a m3u/pls file. I use it for the very same purpose: have some autoplaylists "compiled" to my NAS so that I can play them with any other player.

Reply #4
Can anybody help me with installation of Playlist-Manager-SMP on win11 Environment , I have downloaded "Playlist-Manager-SMP-0.5.0-beta.7.zip" from github , and I have installed foobar2000 on folder "c:\Users\peter\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\" , whats next ? Thanks for support