Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar Stuttering/lagging ... issue (Read 4538 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar Stuttering/lagging ... issue

Hello :)

I know there are already some topics about this problem but i couldn't find a solution there.
Basically it doesn't matter which output i am using(wasapi / asio or the default on (ds) ) the music has always this stottering / Sound away for less than a second..
I tried reinstalling my uni xonar driver for my asus stx II (original dont work on win 10 or dont show the gui).

Has anybody any new idea ...
I don't have that problem with other players and it doesn't matter if it is mp3 or flac. I'm just to fascinated by foobar to just give it up.

:(

Edit: latency/buffer is high enough

Re: Foobar Stuttering/lagging ... issue

Reply #1
sorry for double post.
But i'm really annoyed: I just tried it on old v0.9.5.2 Version and its smooth...
Can somebody explain this?!?!

Reply #2
Possible explanation: I've found Asus's sound cards to be quite crappy. Bad drivers, bad sound chip, and big problems. They're highly sensitive to DPC latency (check with LatencyMon), and also have poor circuit isolation. I tried my front panel connection with them, and unlike my onboard audio, they had noticeable crosstalk between the front microphone and the front headphone output.

Reply #3
mmmh I think its a problem with certain versions of foobar or possibly just too much dsp's and settings / changes etc.
Because a fresh portable version of latest foobar is smooth

Reply #4
ok i know what caused that problem, i was using a vst "voxengo prime eq" which makes that lag appear.
Don't knwo why but..  i solved that .. :)