Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Error while using the 'Eole' theme. (Read 1739 times) previous topic - next topic

Error while using the 'Eole' theme.

When I first saw foobar, I was using winamp at the time, and while its functionality was improved, I wasn't keen on how it looked and getting everything where I wanted it to be would have been a huge hassle since i'd of had no idea what I was doing, but then I saw the eole skin, which had a perfect layout for me and looked great, and immediately switched.

This was a few years ago, and as far as I can tell, the dev has discontinued support for it and in fact, attempted to remove it. I however still had a zip file I never deleted, so i've been using it still, that is, until recently. A few months to a year ago, I started getting this error.

Error: JScript Panel v2.1.0.2 ({E922FFCC-CAC5-4BF0-A836-D8F088BA7867})
JavaScript runtime error:
Unable to get property 'replace' of undefined or null reference
File: C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\themes\eole\js\WSHgraphicbrowser.js
Line: 2101, Col: 6
<source text only available at compile time>

Along with a few others, all in the same vein. Every time it redscreens the main panel, and I CAN just right click reload, but often it'll crash immediately after again, and it's gotten common enough that iv'e just switched to my plex webplayer for just about everything despite the lack of functionality simply because it doesn't constantly break.

Does anyone have suggestions for how I could fix this? I've done clean installs of foobar before, with a clean install of the theme, only for it to keep doing this. If I were to guess, it would likely be some sort of incompatibility with newer versions of foobar, but iv'e no idea how far back I would need to go to get it to work again.

Re: Error while using the 'Eole' theme.

Reply #1
I noticed it listed a sourced a specific line of code as the issue so I went to find it, here it is.

var genreText = this.tf_genre.replace(/\s+/g, " ");

At first it seemed like it just didn't like the 'replace' bit, but I tried removing it (it's backed up) just to see what it'd do, and it gave me another error regarding the 'genre' bit in the next line of code. Tried the same thing, a third error, also pertaining to the 'genre' bit, so I believe that's the main issue, and the 'replace' part isn't much of a factor.

When all 3 lines are removed, I don't get crashes anymore, though the program takes noticeably more time to load things, such as when I click to open a different album/artist listing. I haven't noticed any differences otherwise, which makes me wonder what the lines were for, since tab that sorts by genre is seemingly unaffected, and genre was never listed anywhere on the main window otherwise.

Re: Error while using the 'Eole' theme.

Reply #2
This was a few years ago, and as far as I can tell, the dev has discontinued support for it and in fact, attempted to remove it.
Er... Have you tried the latest Eole release with Spider Monkey Panel? I believe it is actively developed by the same author.

Cheers