Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Question regarding new TOS nr. 13 (Read 2679 times) previous topic - next topic

Question regarding new TOS nr. 13

Ok, I've just read the new TOS posted and explained  by CiTay and they seem fair enough for this "Free speech"-zealot

But (just to get it clear before the feces might hit the fan), how do we handle individual issues where a poster might feel that some kind of moderation abuse might be happening (deletion or "unjust" locking of post/threads)?

This is pertaining to nr. 13 and me liking things being kept in the open.

Would it be possible/acceptable a topic being posted in "Site discussion"/"Off-topic"/"Recycle bin" if a poster might feel like having a reasonable case and things being kept on topic and civil? Or would you rather prefer if such things should be taken up in private between user and moderator/admin/owner?

It's not that I have anything to complain about here at HA (You're all doing a great job and I tend to trust the moderation done here), but I'm wary from experiences with other boards and I would like to hear other people's views and experiences on this subject.

Edit: And after having re-read the "Stepping Back"-thread below (I skipped it pretty early on) I just want to applaud the moderators for the way they have handled that one and explaining their actions. So, maybe I'm just being a bit paranoid

Reply #1
Didn't we specifically state this in the rule?

To avoid that HA staff have to close several threads about a subject that was deemed unsuitable for HydrogenAudio, it is not allowed to "re-open" threads that were closed. If you do not understand why a thread was closed, send a private message to one of the administrators/moderators or contact them privately.

Reply #2
Didn't we specifically state this in the rule?

Yes you did, but I still find it a bit problematic. My main concern is how people might be able to discuss possible issues with regard moderating abuse between users and administration.
The other thing calls for a trust that might not always be warranted.

Reply #3
The aim of this comment is to avoid that someone opens thread after thread because he is not accepting the mods/admins decision. This we will react strongly against.

But I don't think you will be punished for starting a thread to get an explanation if none was given as long as you understand the difference between agreeing (which we don't care about) and accepting (which of course is a must) (that was at least my thought when I wrote that).

However rule interpretation is for the admins.... not a mod like me...