Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: SSF/DSF not handling semicolons in tags (Read 2565 times) previous topic - next topic

SSF/DSF not handling semicolons in tags

I only tested this in the artist field, but trying to enter "蓑部雄崇; 前田龍之" truncated to "蓑部雄崇". Entering "蓑部雄崇, 前田龍之" works as expected.

Also -- I don't know if this is due to a limitation in *sf tags, or a bug in DSF/SSF, but trying to split "蓑部雄崇, 前田龍之" to multiple artist fields with the masstagger didn't work; I only got one artist field with the value "蓑部雄崇".

Reply #1
The xSF specification does not include support for multi-value fields, but rather, multi-line fields. I have implemented a select list of multi-value fields, based on the default list of fields supported by the Properties dialog, which will be written with their fields separated by a semicolon followed by a single space. ("; ") This affects all four of my xSF format components.

Reply #2
The xSF specification does not include support for multi-value fields, but rather, multi-line fields. I have implemented a select list of multi-value fields, based on the default list of fields supported by the Properties dialog, which will be written with their fields separated by a semicolon followed by a single space. ("; ") This affects all four of my xSF format components.

If I understand you correctly, this means you're essentially emulating multi-fields using carriage returns?

If that is the case, then "A; B" would format to:
Code: [Select]
A
B

Correct?

And then calling $meta_sep(field,, ) should return "A, B", if I'm not mistaken -- but in my case it does not.

Reply #3
No. I am emulating multiple fields using "; " as a separator. I still support multiple lines in all fields.

You will need to retag any files you tried to add multiple artists to before.

Reply #4
No. I am emulating multiple fields using "; " as a separator. I still support multiple lines in all fields.

You will need to retag any files you tried to add multiple artists to before.

Okay, so how do I input multiple fields per your emulation? I tried using masstagger to split "artistA, artistB" and it just truncated the field; I also tried entering "artistA; artistB" in the artist field in properties and that truncated as well -- or at least, $meta_sep(artist,, ) only output "artistA" instead of "artistA, artistB"

Reply #5
Are you sure you updated the component to version 2.0.31? I have that installed, and when I change the artist to "artistA;artistB" in the default Properties dialog, it saves it as "ARTIST=artistA; artistB" in the file, and displays both values after saved. Then the resulting $meta_sep(artist, ) displays "artistA artistB".

Also make sure that you only have "Highly Theoretical" installed in the Components page, and no "AOSSF" or "AODSF" related components.

EDIT: Update again, I somehow lost a previous change, now the real 2.0.32 is up.

Reply #6
I'd *just* installed the component before posting; I just updated again and now it's working correctly.

Reply #7
Yeah, I had a 2.0.31 that included the tagging fix, but didn't include the original fix from 2.0.31. The joys of working with Git with submodules, sometimes they decide to become detached heads, and then if I fail to notice that before attempting to push the changes to the origin, I don't end up merging them into master, then lose them.