Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Request: file creation date and time (Read 29203 times) previous topic - next topic

Request: file creation date and time

Reply #25
To get the creation time stamp of the file from the file system is the only one solution and correct info to get the latest file added on hard disc.

The last-modification time stamp does not help because we always keep our tags up-to-date and have to update our older files very often (e.g. I update the GROUPING tag with info in which "crate" the file is - using the info for djing with Serato).

I recently requested the last modification and creation timestamp for Tag & Rename and they have implemented both now in 3.7. :-)

Beside an "it-would-really-great" it is more a "must-have" to have the creation time stamp information.

E.g. I want to listen to my latest files I got in the office beside my main job as software developer. So sorting by creation time stamp is the only one help.

Thanks a lot!

Reply #27
me too would a %file creation date%

Reply #28
This might be a solution: just add a FIELD + VALUE to every tag.

for example:
<NUMBER> 20131227    (Bigger number = newer file.)

This "number" holds date information: 2013, december, day 27
but numbers like 0001 0002 0003 0004 etc. will also work of course.

I don't know how the search function in Foobar2000 works, so this is just a shot in the dark.

Reply #29
I'd like to avoid additional tag for information already.

Reply #30
I use this workflow for the last couple of years and it works very fine for me:

1. For adding a file creation date there is  a component foo_filedate which seems to be from 2007 but still works very fine:

Code: [Select]
foo_filedate.dll (2007-09-19 11:07:14 UTC)
               File date 1.0.4

From the components properties:
Right-click and add a file date tag.
           Use config page to choose date format.
           For foobar2000 v0.9.x

Created by Vassilis Androutsopoulos.
           Ported by T.P. Wang
           Build on: Sep 19 2007 - 19:07:00

With a right on a file it creates a file tag %created% with the file creation date yyyymmdd.

2. For adding an added to library date tag I use the foo_new_file_stamper_mod

foo_new_file_stamper_mod.dll (2008-12-21 00:05:19 UTC)
         New file stamper 1.0.0 [Dec 21 2008 - 01:05:11]

From the components properties:
Component, which let you apply an action to new files in the library
           By Christopher Bowron <chris@bowron.us>
           Recompiled by Juergen Palm <fbuser@web.de>

This allows you to perform a tagging action for every new file added to the library.

I created a script "added":

$if(%added%,%added%,%now%)

This will write YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS into the file tag.

I use this %added% tag for all kind of things. It enables me to sort the library and I even do tweeks like having a script for ipod manager where I write the YYYY-MM into the componist field so that I can access the music on my ipod by month added.

In order to update a whole library one could copy over the %created% tag to the %added% tag taking into account the different formats YYYY-MM-DD and YYYYMMDD

The advantage for me to have hard coded date fields is that once a file changes let's say you convert from ape to flac the created / added tag will convert as well.

If any further advice is needed on this topic I'll be glad to help.

Reply #31
^a little reminder of an earlier post i made....

^as you're updating your files regularly, perhaps you wouldn't mind adding your own custom date created tag? mp3tag can write this by using it's own %_file_create_datetime% field.

i think this beats doing it manually.

I did this; created a coloumn and just being kind by sharing it with you. If the file doesn't have the meta tag, it gives tha last modified value. I converted the last modified date to the format the mp3tag tagged my files. I'm sure everybody did this, I just wanted to fasten your work.
$if($meta(file created)(),$meta(file created),$year(%last_modified%)'.'$month(%last_modified%)'.'$day_of_month(%last_modified%). $time(%last_modified%)))

Re: Request: file creation date and time

Reply #32
Although old topic, +1 vote.

Reply #33
File Date Time (foo_file_datetime.dll)
https://download1.getuploader.com/g/5f6c7b4e-36b8-450e-9a24-7240a010e467/foobar2000/160/foo_file_datetime_v1.02.7z

「ダウンロード」Button click → Next page 「Download Now」Button click → Download
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Ultrasone Performance 880, AKG K712 PRO, SONY MDR-1AM2, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, Bose QuietComfort 45, SONY WH-1000XM5 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself) Shall I write more?

Reply #34
Although old topic, +1 vote.
Thanks for bumping this thread, I've been looking for a solution to this in custom columns for a while but couldn't find the appropriate tags. Does Air KEN's component work properly? Is it available on GitHub?
Codec enthusiast!

Reply #35
For example.

Menu > Library > Search
 ALL SORT DESCENDING BY %file_created%
...click > Create Auto Playlist
Autoplaylist Properties > Sort pattern:
 $sub(99999999,$replace(%file_created%,-,)) - $swapprefix(%album artist%) - $sub(3000,%date%) - %album% - %discnumber% - %tracknumber% - %title%
 or $swapprefix(%album artist%) - $sub(3000,%date%) - %album% - %discnumber% - %tracknumber% - %title%

Add: Playlist View> Column > $date(%file_created%)
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Ultrasone Performance 880, AKG K712 PRO, SONY MDR-1AM2, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, Bose QuietComfort 45, SONY WH-1000XM5 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself) Shall I write more?

Reply #37
File Date Time (foo_file_datetime.dll)
https://download1.getuploader.com/g/5f6c7b4e-36b8-450e-9a24-7240a010e467/foobar2000/160/foo_file_datetime_v1.02.7z

Okay just tried it, it works! Yay! Would be cool though if Peter could add this functionality to foobar in the default install.
Codec enthusiast!

Reply #38
...Would be cool though if Peter could add this functionality to foobar in the default install.

Agree. I can not remember exactly, what it was, but approximately a year ago i ran into a problem, caused by too many plugins. That is, it would be good to put as many important things into the foobar itself, as possible, so we do not have to install another plugin because of such petty things.

Reply #39
Noted, will add eventually.
It's not as easy as it might seem because various internal data structures hold file size & last modified, no creation time, and I can't just change them without breaking things.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #40
And let's not forget that every file input is currently designed to return that information itself, and currently does so with said size/last_modified structure.

Reply #41
I suppose it would be easier for Peter to include this functionality in foobar, if Air KEN open sourced his component.
Codec enthusiast!

Reply #42
Or authors simply need to update their components to a newer SDK.

Reply #43
Or authors simply need to update their components to a newer SDK.
What are you talking about? The component works fine in latest foobar. What I was pointing out is that if the component was open source, it would be easier for Peter to study how it works and replicate its functionality (without using its code of course).
Codec enthusiast!

Reply #44
I'm not developer.
------
https://ux.getuploader.com/foobar2000/download/145
foo_file_datetime_v1.01.7z
 foo_file_datetime_v1.01
 -ReadMe.txt
 -foo_file_datetime.fb2k-component
 -source.7z

Reply #45
foo_file_datetime_v1.02.7z
 foo_file_datetime_v1.02
 -ReadMe.txt
 -foo_file_datetime.fb2k-component
 -source.7z
---------------------
%file_created%
%last_accessed%

Reply #46
What are you talking about? The component works fine in latest foobar. What I was pointing out is that if the component was open source, it would be easier for Peter to study how it works and replicate its functionality (without using its code of course).
I think he talked about this
I can not remember exactly, what it was, but approximately a year ago i ran into a problem, caused by too many plugins.
Something we have since 1.4
- Compiled using dynamic VC runtime, raising the limit of how many component DLLs can be loaded.