Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_playlist_organizer (aka foo_plorg) (Read 237913 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_playlist_organizer (aka foo_plorg)

Reply #150
Hmm that's weird because this behaviour is present only with the foo_plorg component and not any other component and that's the only reason (for me aniway) to not prefer this component on dui over the official playlist manager.

Okey after many testing here is the thing: installed fresh foobar (DUI) added only three tabs 1. ESPlaylist 2. Album Art Viewer and 3. foo_plorg

and same thing on CUI.

After  foobar restart, on DUI the foo_plorg tab gets activated everytime.
But  in CUI the tab that was open gets activated (like it should).

So I'm not sure where is the problem?

Reply #151
Not exactly :
- "Rename" by context-menu works on the playlist/folder indicated by the mouse position and then selects the playlist or folder

right, sorry for messing this up

Not exactly :
- "Rename" by keyboard-shortcut works on the selected playlist/folder (because some playlist has to be chosen)
This is by design

Well for me "Rename" by keyboard-shortcut works on the activated playlist (doubleclicked) and not on the selected playlist/folder (single clicked) ["Activate on Single-Click" is unchecked in the prefs]

Reply #152
After double click activated and selected playlists are equal.

Reply #153
After double click activated and selected playlists are equal.

lol...i already figured out this fact as a solution on my own. just wanted to make sure, this behaviour is intended.
sorry, didn't wanna bother you...once more thanx a lot for a very useful plugin anyways!

Reply #154
hi,

is it possible to drag&drop MP3-Files from a playlist directly into another playlist, like it's possible in the foobar-Standard-Playlists-Manager?

greets,
surfjack

Reply #155
Yes

Reply #156
I only discovered this Excellent plug-in this week! Well done!

Question:
Is there anyway to have it work with Media Server - UPnP  ? If so that would be killer.

Reply #157
Yes

Ah, okay, thanks!!!

The trick was pushing the ctrl-key just when the dragging cursor reaches the playlist-organizer, and not before (that seems to be reserved for selecting multiple items). The Foobar-Playlist-Manager recognizes if i want to place something in between or copy something into, thats why i've been confused.

Thanks for your support!

surfjack

Reply #158
(1) Feature request: Add an option to disable a folder node from automatically expanding from a collapsed state when one of its playlist nodes is activated.

I have a folder node containing Facet, Filter, iTouch Remote Selection, and iPod View playlists which are all automatically activated by their associated components. I'd like it so when those components do activate any of those playlists their folder node is not automatically expanded from its collapsed state.

(2) If a node is a folder, is it possible to display the aggregate item count within all playlists of that folder node? If not, consider that a feature request.

I have a folder node containing two auto-playlists. One displays items that do not have an %added%tag, and another displays items that do not have ReplayGain. I usually have the folder node collpased because these are just "maintenance" playlists. Ideally I'd like the folder node to display the number of items in both playlists so I know there are items not tagged with ReplayGain or a particular tag.

Reply #159
I'm still getting the following message in the console:

Columns UI/Tab stack: Warning: Playlist Organizer panel was visible on creation! This usually indicates a bug in this panel.

Core (2010-11-05 10:46:52 UTC) foobar2000 core 1.1.1
foo_plorg.dll (2010-10-20 17:46:40 UTC) Playlist Organizer 1.7
foo_ui_columns.dll (2010-06-17 20:49:12 UTC) Columns UI 0.3.8.7

Reply #160
This plug is awesome and has saved me a valuable row in vertical space, and also allowed me to organize my playlists a LOT better, so thank you for the amazing work.

One small bug: when a playlist is too long, it gets ...'ed, and when hovering the full playlist title shows up, which is all awesome and exactly what I want :3 but when the playlist is too long and gets ...'ed, but it's because of the number on the right, then the hover behavior doesn't work.

Uhm, my explanation seems messy, so here is a picture instead:

Reply #161
hi there,

thanx for foo_plorg. enjoying it more from release to release.
like to make one suggesstion for improvement. it would be nice to select a folder & gettin displayed all tracks from the folders containing playlists.
so make the folder itself a playlist. is that possible for future releases?

hollito

Reply #163
Absolutely fantastic component!

It would be even better though - I think - if it were possible to select multiple playlists at the same time. Not necessarily for playing them all at once, but mainly for moving them around. Sometimes I need to move a group of ten playlists from one point in the tree to another and I have to move them all individually. It would be great to be able to do that in one fell swoop.

Would a feature like that be doable?

Reply #164
One small bug: when a playlist is too long, it gets ...'ed, and when hovering the full playlist title shows up, which is all awesome and exactly what I want :3 but when the playlist is too long and gets ...'ed, but it's because of the number on the right, then the hover behavior doesn't work.
I've added the fix to the todo list

like to make one suggesstion for improvement. it would be nice to select a folder & gettin displayed all tracks from the folders containing playlists.
so make the folder itself a playlist. is that possible for future releases?
I'll think about it

It would be even better though - I think - if it were possible to select multiple playlists at the same time.
Hardly feasible for technical reason. Sorry.

Reply #165
Hi Nemo
Great plugin. BIG THANKS for this.

After playing around with it, it has great potential. May I suggest some new features :

This is a picture of a panel with plorg showing my current lists with some tweak:

Thanks for taking into consideration,

BTW, i tried $if($strcmp(%node_name%,'recent'),$rgb(155,155,155)%node_name%,) : color $rgb() does not work.

Reply #166
I've added item 4/ (%lockname%) in the todo list.
Not so sure about your other requests.
For item 3/ I would recommend that you place the relevant playlists into a folder and keep it closed.

Reply #167
I've added item 4/ (%lockname%) in the todo list.
Not so sure about your other requests.
For item 3/ I would recommend that you place the relevant playlists into a folder and keep it closed.
Hello Nemo,
thanks for your response.

Nice workaround suggestion for 3/. I created a folder named "hidden".
As the main goal of this plugin is to organize playlists, maybe you could add a rule for newly created/loaded playlists to go to a specific folder ?
eg "if name starts with quicksearch, put playlist in "Search" folder. With use of titleformat, we could do what we need 

Item 6/ would be a great help for the whole foobar community. IMHO it should be in core foobar. No-one seems to care since CW Bowron left. Too bad 

Thanks again for taking into consideration 

Reply #168
Hi, and thanks for this great plugin. I've also been looking for something like this for some time for managing my playlists.

A little request:
moving tracks from playlist to playlist is very much possible using [Ctrl]. But I personally like the management style from playlist tabs, i.e. you can do everything one-handed (on a desktop, using a mouse).

So, is it possible to make it an option keyboard control for moving files? Something like:

Option: "Assign keyboard modifier for moving tracks between playlists: [dropdown box] Default (mouse hover) / (key 1) / (key 2) / ....."

Just suggesting......

Anyways, great work!!!!

Reply #169
edit: nvm, i see i have to hold ctrl to drag from palylist to palylist

i would just delete this post if i knew how

anyway
THANKS NEMO, great plugin

Reply #170
in summation:
cant drag+drop songs into playlists

Yes, you can 

Use Ctrl+right-mouse for dragging into playlists... BTW: this is described in the help of Playlist Organizer...

Reply #171
Nice plugin!
I´m very used to delete playlists with middle click in playlist switcher,is very fast,could you implement this feature in plorg?

Thanks!

Reply #172
This is a very nice plugin and I have been using it for a couple months, with great success....
Until today, I used Windows system restore to resolve a completely unrelated issue. When I opened foobar2000 after the restore none of the playlists were in the folders. They are all situated in bewitched folder called 'New.
I would just sigh and start to reorganize everything, but that will simply take too much time since I have 316 playlists, of which many I have to look up into which folder I should drop them. If it takes let say 1 minute per playlist it would take me over five hours!

I looked at the configuration file with notepad, and I saw that inside there everything was still neatly ordered with the <F></F> and <P></P> tags. But it doesn't show it like that in foobar2000, and no matter how I tried it won't read in the data from the .cfg. I tried reinstalling the plugin and removing the .cfg file, let the program generate a new one and then copy paste all the playlist information from a backup. However when I do the latter all it gives me is an error stating that the cfg is corrupted.

don't want to waste those five hours drag and dropping playlists in foobar2000, EVEN I have something better to do. 

Reply #173
This is a very nice plugin and I have been using it for a couple months, with great success....
Until today, I used Windows system restore to resolve a completely unrelated issue. When I opened foobar2000 after the restore none of the playlists were in the folders. They are all situated in bewitched folder called 'New.
I would just sigh and start to reorganize everything, but that will simply take too much time since I have 316 playlists, of which many I have to look up into which folder I should drop them. If it takes let say 1 minute per playlist it would take me over five hours!

I looked at the configuration file with notepad, and I saw that inside there everything was still neatly ordered with the <F></F> and <P></P> tags. But it doesn't show it like that in foobar2000, and no matter how I tried it won't read in the data from the .cfg. I tried reinstalling the plugin and removing the .cfg file, let the program generate a new one and then copy paste all the playlist information from a backup. However when I do the latter all it gives me is an error stating that the cfg is corrupted.

don't want to waste those five hours drag and dropping playlists in foobar2000, EVEN I have something better to do. 

Roll back the system restore to the point that the playlists were correct, then use the *foo_jesus* plugin to back up the good foobar configuration (copy the backup zip file to your desktop), perform the system restore again, then restore the foobar backup created by foo_jesus from the zip file..?

Reply #174
System restore was the thing causing the problem, and I reverted back to a time where the playlists were perfectly fine.
and foo_jesus didn't work as foo_plorg won't load the configuration, for some reason it completely ignores it and places all the playlists in folder called 'New'.When I jumble the playlists around and put them in different folders and then shut down foobar2000, delete the config file, open up foobar2000, it still shows the jumbled around playlists. As if it completely ignoring what it says in the config.
And equally important, it also doesn't put new data into the configuration file, no matter how much playlists I do put in folders the config stays like this:
Code: [Select]
Ñ="²ÄõF€1–æ’¼ õ[ !'ÜBF$nâ Äýæ   Ñcõi%ßN»05–Üedó+   %node_name%$if(%is_folder%,' ('%count%']',) *ž§A¡² kmk    thAoBL¢xi„D5ñÈ   }
bª·âIŸ'#ö#U±È    îyÞ7 •M¿¦;J‘ÅÜ  =^ⶾwLK…
Xí«aT@  ÿÿÿ ÿÿÿ ÿÿÿ ÿÿÿ ÿÿÿ ÿÿÿ ÿÿÿ ÿÿÿ ÿÿÿ ÿÿÿ ÿÿÿ ÿÿÿ ÿÿÿ ÿÿÿ ÿÿÿ ÿÿÿ