Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: SimPlaylist (foo_simplaylist) (Read 252174 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: SimPlaylist (foo_simplaylist)

Reply #375
sry for the bump, but it seems it's not just selecting all, but actually refreshing the search automatically. Is there any way to turn that function

Reply #376
An additional field would be very useful: %subgroups% = Number of subgroups in the group. Similar, as %items% in the group.
Benefits: i (and i think, many) use, mostly, album artist as group, and albums as subgroups. With %subgroups% we could see the number of albums right away.

Until then, the workaround is to switch to the Facets tab.

Reply #377
And would be useful, too: multiline popups (ballons) for cases, where text overflows even on the screen.

Reply #378
I know this is abandonware, but the unreliability of ctrl+z in SimPlaylists is really pissing me off lately.

Anyone got a suggestion for an alternative? I am scared to try and get on the ColumnsUI bandwagon after years of not using it, but could I achieve something similar in there?

Reply #379
Also, jumping into abantonware train, foobar2000 now supports webp cover art - but they do not show in simplaylist. Is there a way to enable that?
Error 404; signature server not available.

Reply #380
Not unless Frank comes back and recompiles it with the latest SDK.

Reply #381
So, he's gone from 2014, as I can see on his profile, but he's still 'Global Moderator'? :)
Too bad he didn't leave the source to someone to work forward. Eh... just ranting, sorry. I liked image on playlist, too bad it can't be done with official playlist manager.
Error 404; signature server not available.

Reply #382
I know this is abandonware, but the unreliability of ctrl+z in SimPlaylists is really pissing me off lately.

Anyone got a suggestion for an alternative? I am scared to try and get on the ColumnsUI bandwagon after years of not using it, but could I achieve something similar in there?

Yup this pisses me off on a near-daily basis.
Would switching to Columns UI let me do what I do with SimPlaylist? I've never taken the plunge.

Reply #383
I have noticed that the setting "sorting pattern" does not work at all. Is this a bug or is there anything to note here?

I have the same album with exact same tags but with two different codec and I want to show the tracks grouped by codec, but SimPlaylist does not use the sorting I have configured.

Reply #384
^ The 'Sorting Pattern' option in SimPlaylist preferences is for when clicking the group column (never used it)

Library Viewers do the (default) sorting, Playlist Viewers do the grouping. So in that regard, you might rather want to set up a (sub-)grouping that includes the %codec% field in SimPlaylist.

For sorting meanwhile you could add %codec% (probably after %album%) to whichever library viewer sorting preferences you are using. (Though without testing I'm not sure of desired effect, and probably not necessary if grouping)

Cheers

Reply #385
Thank you. Now I understand.

Reply #386
Hey guys, I have reinstalled my PC and for some reason I am not able to activate SimPlaylist interface in the newest foobar version (1.6.10).

I drag and drop the element into "Preferences > Components" as usual, it gets installed as usual, but nothing happens after restarting foobar. I can see SimPlaylist installed under Compontents and under "Preferences > Display", but I'm not greeted with the interface selection screen as usual, and SimPlaylist is not listed under "Preferences > Display > User interface module" dropdown list. Only the "Default user interface" is there. Anyone else having this issue?

P.S. I have installed ColumnsUI interface just to check, and that installed right as expected. So I'm using ColumnsUI atm,
but it is still lightyears behind SimPlaylist in terms of features and usability. Crazy to say this about a piece of software which it literally 11 years old!

Edit: Turns out this is a non-issue. As marc2k3 pointed out, SimPlaylist is activated through Layout Editing Mode, and not through Preferences.

Reply #388
What is Settings > Components? I install components via File | Preferences | Components | Install. Simplaylist 1.0 is running here in foobar2000 1.6.10.
My bad, I meant "Preferences" when I said "Settings". But we're talking about the same screen.

You can install components in different ways. One way is to use the "Install" button and navigate to the file, another way is to drag and drop the file (or it's containing .zip) into the "Components" screen. I've tried both methods. Also I have deleted foorbar2000 and all it's settings, and installed it in portable mode to see if it would fix the issue, but it didn't.

Reply #389
You need to use layout editing mode to replace the default playlist with Simplaylist.

https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Layout_Editing_Mode

Nothing has changed regarding this. You must have forgotten how you did this originally!

Reply #390
Yes, you are totally right! I simply forgot it :-D Thanks for pointing this out. I got SimPlaylist totally mixed up with ColumnsUI :facepalm:

SimPlaylist works totally fine now, as always. Man, what a shame that it is abandoned...

Reply #391
What is Settings > Components? I install components via File | Preferences | Components | Install. Simplaylist 1.0 is running here in foobar2000 1.6.10.
My bad, I meant "Preferences" when I said "Settings". But we're talking about the same screen.

You can install components in different ways. One way is to use the "Install" button and navigate to the file, another way is to drag and drop the file (or it's containing .zip) into the "Components" screen. I've tried both methods. Also I have deleted foorbar2000 and all it's settings, and installed it in portable mode to see if it would fix the issue, but it didn't.
And yet another way you can install components, and the reason for the .fb2k-component rename on most downloads: You may simply open the .fb2k-component file with Explorer or the Command Prompt, and file type associations will open it in foobar2000, which will offer to install it for you. This method also has a prompt asking you if you trust the source for this file before it actually installs it.

Reply #392
11 years on I still use SimPlaylist! But now that Fb2k 2.0 is around the corner, any chance we can get a 64bit compile? Or perhaps the original author can be convinced (if anyone can still reach him?) to release the source code so someone else can take over?
The main reason I still use SimPlaylist is the multi-level grouping defined through Title Formatting Syntax. Is there another component which can do this by now?

Reply #393
I personally keep this because the smooth scrolling of SimPlaylist run smoothly without glitch :) hopefully there will be a solution for built-in playlist.

Reply #394
Or perhaps the original author can be convinced (if anyone can still reach him?) to release the source code so someone else can take over?

I don't think so. I saw Peter comment that Frank was "gone" on IRC the other day.

Reply #396
Same. +1 ReSimPlaylist

I've been using SimPlaylist for about ten years for the album art, automatic column resizing, group statistics, and the sticky group headers when scrolling.

I would be happy with either a ReSimPlaylist or if it's unique features were just included into the DUI playlist.

Reply #399
11 years on I still use SimPlaylist! ...
Me too. I'm hoping for a ReSimPlaylist...  ;)

+1 for this, at least the ability to create subgroups.

+1 for me for subgroups also please.

Also for the ability to not show the blank line when a there isn't a group (like no %discnumber%). Simplaylist just works.