Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_scrobble (Read 50035 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_scrobble

Reply #50
Hi gix, I have the same problem as stealthswor, it's saying "Unauthenticated" even though I am.
When I dis- and reconnected, the console said this:
Code: [Select]
foo_scrobble: Queuing scrobble (Unauthenticated)
Found 0 plays in last.fm (since last recorded scrobble) of The Donald
foo_scrobble: Requesting auth token
foo_scrobble: Received auth token: l5ddvT183mazWLqa3NmNmd9s2k_mnzQZ
foo_scrobble: Requesting session key
foo_scrobble: New session key: xRnifLPucw9JW3rpdMv9ZNNhRlINfPeQ
No errors, no nothing.

Edit: And on startup, this is what it says:
foo_scrobble: Scrobbling failed (error: 9, Please re - authenticate.)

Reply #52
I haven't gotten the opportunity yet to check if it works again, but I've heard that people are having this problem with other scrobblers as well and that last.fm is just having trouble right now, apparently. So the problem is probably on last.fm's part.

Reply #53
You may have to reauthorize foo_scrobble again.

via Twitter
Quote from: Last.fm Official Response
Good morning everyone, 

Yesterday afternoon we experienced a brief outage at our datacentre which unfortunately caused many connected api keys / active sessions to get automatically logged out. The root issue has now been resolved, but if you've been affected by this, then I'm afraid you will need to reconnect and re-authenticate all of the applications connected to your Last.fm account.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this. 

You can view your connected applications in your settings here: https://www.last.fm/settings/applications  If the app(s) you're using are not listed, they will need to be reconnected - please follow each app's instructions for how to do this.  You can also find more information on how to connect to the most popular scrobblers here and here.

Note that if an app says you're connected, but still doesn't work or gives you an error, you may need to first disconnect it and then re-auth again.  Failing this, you may need to do a fresh reinstall of the app, or reset it (e.g. you may need to do this if you're using the foo_scrobble component, detailed steps can be found here ). 

Please also note that to fix the problem we had to roll back a configuration setting at 1am this morning which would have logged everyone out of everything again -- if you had successfully reconnected all of your apps last night, then I'm afraid you may find that you've been logged out once again, and will need to reconnect one more time. 

Once again, we're sorry for any inconvenience this disruption has caused.

Reply #54
I get
on startup.

and
after a track is played.

I have reauthorized the plugin, no luck. It won't scrobble.

Reply #55
How do you actually install this? The read me file is the most useless thing I've seen in my entire life. "Tools > Last.fm Scrobbling" doesn't exist since there's no clear way for me to interpret where to actually place the files from foo_scrobble.

Reply #56
How do you actually install this? The read me file is the most useless thing I've seen in my entire life. "Tools > Last.fm Scrobbling" doesn't exist since there's no clear way for me to interpret where to actually place the files from foo_scrobble.

An easy way is to open up the Foobar2000 preferences and navigate to the Components section. Click the install button and browse to the file. Apply. Restart. Done.

Reply #57
How do you actually install this? The read me file is the most useless thing I've seen in my entire life. [...]
No need to be rude. The readme there is mostly for the development side, but I'll change it. You install this component like any other. If you have a default foobar2000 installation, you can just double-click .fb2k-component files and foobar2000 installs them. The second way, also described at "How to install a component", is to use the Install button in the foobar2000 preferences dialog. You can also just drag the .fb2k-component file onto the component list in the foobar2000 preferences.

Reply #58
Thx for this nice component :)

Reply #59
I get
on startup.

and
after a track is played.

I have reauthorized the plugin, no luck. It won't scrobble.

same issue here with Queuing scrobble (Unauthenticated) error

Reply #60
so i just checked my brother's computer to see if the component was working on his and it is. the difference was that he hadn't updated to 1.3.1 and was still on 1.1.0. tried 1.1.0 on my computer and the Queuing scrobble (Unauthenticated) error went away. it's now scrobbling the way it's supposed to.

Reply #61
I got 1.3.1 working by removing it, installing it again, clearing authorization and requesting it again.

Reply #62
worked over here too. now why didn't I think of that?

Reply #63
Just tried to install this for the first time and am getting "Could not load component "foo_scrobble.fb2k-component": I/O error (win32 #87)"

Reply #64
Hi.  First, a disclaimer: The issue I'm about to describe occurs on a system running fb2k in wine on funtoo linux.  That said, I have not reproduced the conditions on a Windows system, and may affect those as well.  I recently switched over to foo_scrobble since finding some 800 scrobbles in the submit queue that I didn't know about.  Since changing over, I've had a number of fb2k crashes (which are usually very rare).  I have intermittent ISP connection errors on this system, and the crashes happen when the internet connection is down.  I can only conclude that foo_scrobble is reacting poorly when it can't connect to the last.fm servers.  Has any one else seen this?  Can someone other user here try to reproduce?

Thanks.

Reply #65
Since yesterday I'm getting some strange scrobble behavior. Whenever I edit a tag from a track that's being played the scrobble count adds up on the site (it happens even live when looking at the now scrobbling list on last.fm). With each separate tag edit a scrobble of the playing track gets added.
I'm not really sure if it's the component's fault because I've made several big changes to foobar. I've updated to Foobar 1.5 (coming from 1.4.6) and also updates Columns UI to 1.3.0 beta. 1 (coming from 1.1).

For now I would want to see if anyone can replicate this using the latest foobar with columns ui. The problem is very consistent, I don't edit tags and nothing wrong happens but as soon as I edit a tag on a playing song an extra scrobble is counted. It seems as if each time an edit gets confirmed a scrobble gets send and finished (scrobbel counted) but the current playing track is still in the process of being scrobbled without being finished (until the track actually ends and thus the scrobble counted).

Reply #66
Since yesterday I'm getting some strange scrobble behavior. Whenever I edit a tag from a track that's being played the scrobble count adds up on the site (it happens even live when looking at the now scrobbling list on last.fm). With each separate tag edit a scrobble of the playing track gets added.
I'm not really sure if it's the component's fault because I've made several big changes to foobar. I've updated to Foobar 1.5 (coming from 1.4.6) and also updates Columns UI to 1.3.0 beta. 1 (coming from 1.1).

For now I would want to see if anyone can replicate this using the latest foobar with columns ui. The problem is very consistent, I don't edit tags and nothing wrong happens but as soon as I edit a tag on a playing song an extra scrobble is counted. It seems as if each time an edit gets confirmed a scrobble gets send and finished (scrobbel counted) but the current playing track is still in the process of being scrobbled without being finished (until the track actually ends and thus the scrobble counted).
I'm seeing the exact same thing since updating to foobar 1.5:
Play song A
-> Last.fm shows A is being listened to
Update title of A to B while song is playing
-> Last.fm shows A was scrobbled and B is being listened to.
Update title of B to A
-> Last.fm shows A was scrobbled, B was scrobbled, and A is being listened to
Song Ends
-> Last.fm shows A was scrobbled, B was scrobbled, then A was scrobbled

My guess is that a lifecycle hook was updated for 1.5 and foo_scrobble isn't handling it the same way.

Reply #67
foo_scrobble listens for playback notifications. When the current title is edited, the on_playback_edited notification is sent and the track info is updated. But v1.5 now sends a on_playback_dynamic_info_track notification immediately afterwards which, according to its documentation and the behavior until v1.4.8, should only happen when a stream receives new track info. This is also why the current track is scrobbled at that point: foobar said a new track has begun, so the old one is scrobbled.

So this really feels like a foobar2000 bug. If not then it's a weird behavior change. I might be able to remember whether a stream is running, and if not, ignore all on_playback_dynamic_info_track notifications.

Reply #68
foo_scrobble listens for playback notifications. When the current title is edited, the on_playback_edited notification is sent and the track info is updated. But v1.5 now sends a on_playback_dynamic_info_track notification immediately afterwards which, according to its documentation and the behavior until v1.4.8, should only happen when a stream receives new track info. This is also why the current track is scrobbled at that point: foobar said a new track has begun, so the old one is scrobbled.

So this really feels like a foobar2000 bug. If not then it's a weird behavior change. I might be able to remember whether a stream is running, and if not, ignore all on_playback_dynamic_info_track notifications.
Honestly, I think the documentation is correct. on_playback_dynamic_info_track is supposed to be sent when the "stream" has new information... typically that's because the stream you're listening to is now playing a new song, but if the "stream" is just a file, and the info of that file changes I would expect that to be sent. I think it's actually fixing a bug (unless streams and files are handled completely differently internally in which case this does seem bad).

Does on_playback_new_track not get called in the middle of an internet stream?

If you're always getting an on_playback_edited followed by a on_playback_dynamic_info_track can you not just skip the very next dynamic_info_track notification?

Reply #69
No, it gets called only when playback has advanced to a new physical location.

Changes of logical tracks within the same URL produce on_playback_dynamic_info_track.
In foobar2000 v1.5, I made on_playback_dynamic_info_track also called after tag editing to propagate new information, without realizing the side effects. Version 1.5.1 will correct this. No need to change your components.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #70
No, it gets called only when playback has advanced to a new physical location.

Changes of logical tracks within the same URL produce on_playback_dynamic_info_track.
In foobar2000 v1.5, I made on_playback_dynamic_info_track also called after tag editing to propagate new information, without realizing the side effects. Version 1.5.1 will correct this. No need to change your components.
Awesome news! Thanks, Peter.

Reply #71
Fixed in 1.5.1 beta 2.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #72
I found an issue related to "Only submit tracks in media library" function. I’ll illustrate it step by step:
1.   Foobar is closed.
2.   I take a file from the folder which is not belongs to media library and put it in my media library folder.
3.   I double-click this file to run it with Foobar (as it is my default music app)
4.   File is not scrobbling
As far as I understand, that happens because the plugin starts immediately, but it takes some time for Foobar to index the file as part of media library. So the plugin just not consider the file us part of media library. That is why scrobbling not happen. If I play this file again – it scrobbles. I think to fix this issue foo_scrobble should be set to scrobble files just if they located in the media library folders, no matter were they already indexed by foobar or not.

It woud be great if you can fix that, and thanks for the plugin.

Reply #73
if getting this error recently, anf figured nothing is scrobbled after 19 December 2019.

i have authenticated in last.fm application & its correctly listed in application section of last fm. still no luck.

im using the latest v1.3.1, and no further update available  form this page https://github.com/gix/foo_scrobble/releases

any suggestion ?

Reply #74
Update: made it work today, finally after many tries to authenticate in last.fm site. 
every time i deleted last authorised key before next try it worked in 3rd try.