Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 880198 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1250
I do auto-save each Sync lyric found in the same directory with Filename Format _Lyric~%tracknumber%
Saves works well and Files are in the Dir

Now the question is:
How to I set "Local File Search" to find the _Lyric~%tracknumber% file that was saved?
I've tried "Custom Filename Format" and "Custom Search path" with things like
_Lyric~%tracknumber%.lrc
or
$directory(%path%,1)\_Lyric~%tracknumber%.lrc
Does not work :-(

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1251
Would be cool to have an option to force Lyrics Case To Title (or Lower etc)
Some sources have THE LYRICS IN CAPITALS and its annoying
Thanks

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1252
Which version are you using?

What happens if you leave the file search properties blank? Do the lyrics appear in the lyric search dialogue?
The file search will automatically search for the custom save name and save directory, so it should find them by itself. The tests I've just done have shown this to be the case with the setup you describe.

It's worth pointing out that the directory should not contain the filename and the custom filename should not have the file extension in it. This is perhaps what is causing your problems.

I'm not going to do anything about the capitals

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1253
Which version are you using?

What happens if you leave the file search properties blank? Do the lyrics appear in the lyric search dialogue?

Hi Vern,

I am using "foo_uie_lyrics3 0.4.1"

I've try leaving the boxes blank (with and without tick boxes on) and still not working.

Btw, it also overwrites the sync Lyric file already present in the Dir.

Now, I also removed all DB: Sources, Tag Search and blank the associations search to truly test if it picks up the Lyric already in the Dir

Still not working.

I did reset page and started over...Still not working.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1254
Just passing to ask if there is some problem with the synced lyrics db, here the searching don't find nothing synced since yesterday. All available search options are selected.
And thanks for this tool, using it for a long time!

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1255
I have a question. I am trying to use Lyric Show 3 0.4.1 to save lyrics to Tags and would like to preserve the file modification date when I save. Is there a way to do this that I am missing?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1256
i'm pretty sure this component uses the foobar core to tag files so that feature will never be implemented. the foobar development team have always made it very clear the last modified time is exactly what it says on the tin. the file has been modified therefore the timestamp will be adjusted. no ifs, no buts.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1257
i'm pretty sure this component uses the foobar core to tag files so that feature will never be implemented. the foobar development team have always made it very clear the last modified time is exactly what it says on the tin. the file has been modified therefore the timestamp will be adjusted. no ifs, no buts.

That's what I was thinking too. I only want to preserve file sorting by date.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1258
you could add your own custom tag generated from the last modified time when you first rip or download a file. then it will never be modified unless you explicitly do it yourself.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1259
you could add your own custom tag generated from the last modified time when you first rip or download a file. then it will never be modified unless you explicitly do it yourself.

That's a great idea. I currently use Logitech Media Server which is sorting files by mod date. I should look if there is a way to have LMS sort on a Tag.

New music isn't an issue. I can manage everything before adding the rips to the server. It's what's already on the server.
It can all be done but only then by hand. I cannot imagine tackling that job - every rip would need to be resaved with it's original rip date via filedatech or something similar.
I doubt I'll bother.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1260
Hi,

I found these expressions useful for the Search and Save Lyrics:

Search parameter Title

1) Every Day Search (Include Comments inside Brackets): $replace($replace(%title%,' (stereo downmix)',),' (stereo',)
I have many Multichannel Albums so the downmix and 2.0 format strings in the title are excluded to find the Lyrics

2) Heavy Search (Exclude Comments inside in Brackets, not good for Single CDs with multiple versions of the same track) $left(%title%,$sub($strstr(%title%,' ('),1))
This increases the chances to find Lyrics

Save Lyric

I do save the Lyric in the same directory with this File Name Format:
Lyric~%tracknumber%~%artist%~$replace($replace(%title%,' (stereo downmix)',),' (stereo',)
Then All Multichannel versions have a single Lyric file
(Note in the Local File Search Properties I ticked "enable built in artist-title search)

Is been working great, any comments / Ideas please post or PM

Thanks

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1261
I think this is a problem with beta 7 so I've posted in the feedback forum

Has it been determined yet if the problem is in the new FB2K release or did the release expose an existing bug in this component?    Sorry I could not find the feedback forum referred to above.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1262
Not sure if anyone addressed this issue, but the plugin seems to be broken in Foobar2000 v1.3. The lyrics window is showing only one single dot.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1264
For me since fb2k v1.3 I see the single "dot" lyrics problem only in the the playlist window, when an "UNSYNCED LYRICS" column is defined and lyrics are present for that file, which may have nothing to do with this component.  I find this tolerable since you can't see much lyrics under just the narrow column space and have to open up a lyrics window anyway to see much of them.    The more serious issue that started with v1.3 is the inability of foo_uie_lyrics3 to save over already existing lyrics, whether implicity or explicity.  I believe the vern is aware of the issue.  Since v1.3 the only way I found to "overwrite save" is to edit the lyrics tag under Properties and save it there or use some other tagging tool.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1265
the plugin seems to be broken in Foobar2000 v1.3. The lyrics window is showing only one single dot.

I've got exactly the same problem with foobar2000 v1.3. Version 1.2.9 works fine.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1266
For me since fb2k v1.3 I see the single "dot" lyrics problem only in the the playlist window

I have a permanent window open for this component. For non existing lyrics the "Search" dialogue is shown, but no lyrics loaded even if found. For existing lyrics one uneditable dot is shown.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1267
Updating to the latest version should fix the problems with the "."  If the lyrics are displayed in the playlist then this is nothing to do with my component

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1268
Hi.
Since about a month I have problems with the research of synced lyrics.
There are no more results from the DB Timestamped 3.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1269
Hello, I've tried searching this thread for an answer but was unable to find one, so here goes:

There appears to be a problem when displaying huge chunks of Unicode lyrics, driving the CPU usage to 100% (of a single CPU core). Has anyone experienced the same thing?

I tried disabling animations, the fade and the fonts (to a language-specific one like MS SimSun, Meiryo etc) but the lag persists. Was previously using Segoe UI.

If you need any more info, please feel free to ask! Would really like to see this otherwise superb plugin fixed.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1270
To: The vern

2 months ago I mentioned the v0.4.1 problem about finding the right Traditional Chinese title songs' lyrics.
(Page 49 Post #1211)
So I went back to use v0.3.5.2 to get the correct lyrics and also reported some situations by private messages later.

I haven't listened to Traditional Chinese title songs for about 2 or 3 weeks. Then today I listen again and I'm shocked to find even v0.3.5.2 can't find the lyrics anymore!
All the Traditional Chinese title songs from those albums I sent you through private messages as examples only show "Found nothing" after lyrics search now! It's so weird! Those songs used to display correct Traditional Chinese lyrics by v0.3.5.2, but right now "Found nothing"...
That means even v0.3.5.2 fails to work!

Japanese songs and English songs still come out the right lyrics as before.
So, this "Found nothing" problem appears in Traditional Chinese title songs only.
I guess you're experimenting the lyrics database, but obviously going the wrong way this time.
Please fix this bug!
Thanks in advance!

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1271
Hi,

I really like this plugin, to the point that I registered on this forum just to leave the feedback.
Is there any chance that you can make lyrics search faster? It would really make a difference.
Right now it's kind of slow, if you compare it to something like Clementine's lyrics search. So if they could make it, it should be possible here.
I can't think of any other improvement that would make a bigger impact on overall usability.

Thanks,
Vitaly

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1272
I have problem recently with the before release and with the new is the same thing, the plugin do not found nothing, I think that is not searching in Minilyrcs database, or same similar (But in preferences all are with the same config), how to fix it? Somebody have this issue too?

(For example before with the 3.3.9 version I saw that search in timestamped 1 or 3 I don't remember very well, now do not appear that in the search, but before appeared, with the new version is the same, and are the same search source, I didn't change nothing in the preferences, so that the reason I don't understand, why now do not found nothing the plugin)

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1273
Please return to this..
I bet he went Apple or smshit.
If not improve the code, at least add some new sources or something . there are lyrics for everything

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1274
I haven't gone anywhere, simply my degree finals are slightly more important than this project...

There is in fact a lyric source sdk on the google code website so anyone can write a lyric source if they wanted to.