Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Chaintech AV-710 (Read 15622 times) previous topic - next topic

Chaintech AV-710

Reply #25
Why is that important to the thread?

I really don't care about the card anymore. I've moved on. And yes, I've read many reviews on it. It will remain in my closet unless someone wants to buy it. I currently use an M-Audio 2496.

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1154320,00.asp
flac > schiit modi > schiit magni > hd650

Chaintech AV-710

Reply #26
Why does the chaintech site say it uses envy 24pt .... is there a difference between that and 24ht-s

Chaintech AV-710

Reply #27
Why does the chaintech site say it uses envy 24pt .... is there a difference between that and 24ht-s
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=244844"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The site is mistaken (and so is the manual of the card)

Chaintech AV-710

Reply #28
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

quote from this page - [a href="http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=364771]Envy24 definitive source[/url]
So what's the difference between the Envy24, Envy24HT, Envy24HT-S, and Envy24PT?

In my understanding, the Envy24 is the base product that was originally designed by ICEnsemble, and it supports multi-channel hardware mixing, which is cool for professional use. The HT version removes the hardware mixer (unimportant for non-professional uses), and each card producer makes their own drivers for it based on the VIA reference drivers. The HT-S version is almost exactly the same as the HT, it just uses cheaper DACs, and uses the VIA reference drivers without any modifications. The PT version is exactly the same as the HT-S version, it is just the edition used for on-board audio on motherboards.

Regards

Chaintech AV-710

Reply #29
Oh! Thanks for clearing things up, i thought it was a different chipset 
I'm gonna get it soon 

Chaintech AV-710

Reply #30
for anyone who might be interested in getting the Prodigy 7.1, I've had the best results using the latest official driver. The latest driver is a beta release and I get all sorts of crackling.

Chaintech AV-710

Reply #31
I've got a few questions here:
1. Is there some way I can get asio on this for analog out?
2. Can I get high resolution mode for my speakers and still have another jack for free for my headphones its kinda 2+2 but i want [2 +(2 high res)wolfson dac] , I was wondering if there was someway i could do that.

Chaintech AV-710

Reply #32
I hate to re-open a 7 year old thread but I figured there are quite a few of these cards floating around even today...
Well, my question is has anyone got 192khz Spdif out working on this card? When I try to play a 192KHz file in Foobar and I use the Kernel streaming output, it is just unable to open the device. I am using the latest drivers 5.60c on XP 32 bit.. Has anyone ever managed to output 192KHz from this card?