Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.

Poll

Yes or no?

Yes
[ 0 ] (0%)
No
[ 2 ] (100%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Topic: Foobar -Choosing an audio via keyboard shortcut- (Read 2052 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar -Choosing an audio via keyboard shortcut-

So i have been using Foobar for a few months and never figured out how to choose an audio using some keyboard shortcuts without it playing unless told.Is there any way to do it?One of my friends said he was confused too.

Re: Foobar -Choosing an audio via keyboard shortcut-

Reply #1
I'm not at all sure what you are asking. If you want to select a track or song in a playlist you can use the arrow keys. The track won't play until you hit enter. If you mean something else you may need to explain more.

Reply #2
Well what i mean is if im in a game,Say tf2 and i want to select a song without going out of the game [I usually use wide instead of full screen] And set to a specific bind to play in-game.lets say One of my sounds, "Nep" using a key like numpad9.

Reply #3
Go to Keyboard shortcuts in foobar choose one and set it global with checkbox.

Reply #4
I'm actually confused.When saying "choose one" what does it mean...As of the playlist or somehow finding that one individual sound/song?

Reply #5
I think you'd have to setup a playlist for your game ahead of time, add the track(s) you want, and then use a global hotkey for Playback > Play or Pause.

I'm not sure there is a way to set one key to a specific track and start playing it. (? Could be wrong, maybe a plug-in?)

Reply #6
If you search the site (I usually do this via Google's site: parameter) there have been a couple topics on this before, such as this one. That particular user ended up using a blend of foobar2000 + Autohotkey to achieve what they were after.

There are a few dedicated soundboard programs out there for this specific task on the other hand, but haven't used any so can't tell you if they support global hotkeys.

Reply #7
I think i have the problem fixed.Thank you Coreda!