Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Windows sound level = Foobar sound level (Read 2876 times) previous topic - next topic

Windows sound level = Foobar sound level

Hi guys

I have a logitech dinovo, with a nice volume slider, but I have never gotten it to work with foobar (tried a lot). Now the slider can control the windows sound level, but thats it.

Can foobar somehow use the same volume level as windows?

Thanx

Btw I use a Dac from spdif, and Wasabi plugin under win 7 rc1 64bit

Reply #1
Yum. Hot mustard.

Do you understand why you put the hot mustard on fb2k? It's purpose is to numb the mouth of Windows.

Basically, you should be using DirectSound output if you want something like that. The purpose of the WASAPI component is to specifically allow fb2k to take exclusive, direct control of the windows audio stack.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #2
Yum. Hot mustard.

Do you understand why you put the hot mustard on fb2k? It's purpose is to numb the mouth of Windows.

Basically, you should be using DirectSound output if you want something like that. The purpose of the WASAPI component is to specifically allow fb2k to take exclusive, direct control of the windows audio stack.

Yes I know that, so there is no way just to control the level of volume via windows and still have kernel streaming?

Reply #4
I'm using this with WASAPI, seems to do what I want (allows me to control fb2k's volume with my Gyration remote control).

Reply #5
Thank you Grinderman, it works! Mesa happy Panda now ;-)