Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Portable Iso AAC Player (Read 19284 times) previous topic - next topic

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #25
Btw,  AACEnc v1.6 is available - this version features more improvements in psychoacoustics, fixed M/S bug, dynamic window grouping (eliminates drop-outs and chirps), etc..

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #26
Hrmm.. this is cool stuff to hear Ivan.  I'll have to check this out.  Nice to see continued improvements to your great encoder... keep up the good work!

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #27
Me too. Glad to see that you (Ivan) is working on the audio encoder again.

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #28
Awesome news! You ROCK Ivan!!! Maybe you'll be able to make a deal with Phillips to pay off Dolby and distribute aacenc with Phillips CD players. Hey, a guy can DREAM, can't he?

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #29
I sure hope Roberto gets his hands on the 1.6 encoder...

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #30
Originally posted by Ivan Dimkovic
Btw,  AACEnc v1.6 is available - this version features more improvements in psychoacoustics, fixed M/S bug, dynamic window grouping (eliminates drop-outs and chirps), etc..

where would i be able to get that?

oh and so far, it works with vbr's on normal... encoding an extreme right now to test it out.

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #31
So it works with vbr? Cool! If it exceeds 160 kbps, extreme probably won't work but... WHO KNOWS?

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #32
extreme works! :eek: 

man... now im gonna have to re-encode all 3 of my mp3-cds....

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #33
heres something interesting i just noticed...
mp3 cbr 128 for a 9:30 song-    8816 KBs
same 9:30 song in aac cbr 128- 6591 KBs 

i knew it was supposed to be smaller but i didnt know it was that much smaller

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #34
Originally posted by Oscar1613
extreme works! :eek:  

man... now im gonna have to re-encode all 3 of my mp3-cds....

Wow.. this is great!  Gonna have to pick one of these up now

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #35
I would have expected a 128k aac file to be around the same size as a 128k mp3. Also, when you encoded in extreme did you still use the -lc switch or are you saying it plays main profile too?

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #36
heres something interesting i just noticed... 
mp3 cbr 128 for a 9:30 song- 8816 KBs 
same 9:30 song in aac cbr 128- 6591 KBs 

i knew it was supposed to be smaller but i didnt know it was that much smaller

Looks like you've actually got a 96 kbit/s AAC file.

ff123

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #37
Do you have the aac plugin for winamp? With it you can use the File Info feature to determine the profile and average bitrate of your files (and play them too of course).

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #39
extreme i still used the -lc switch... havent tried it without it yet, but i will do that soon

it could have been a 96, im not really sure... i thought i encoded that particular file with 128 but i could be worng (and probably am) and winamp reports all aac files as 160kbits:confused:

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #40
That's odd, the file I just encoded using -lc -extreme shows approx 192 in winamp. Are you using a recent plugin?

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #41
yup

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #42
Originally posted by layer3maniac
I sure hope Roberto gets his hands on the 1.6 encoder...

Yup! It's already there.
http://www.inf.ufpr.br/~rja00/

Regards;

Roberto.

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #43
Roberto - You DA MAN! Thanks again for all your efforts keeping youe page updated and for having the cajones to stand up to corporate bullies.

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #44
Originally posted by layer3maniac
Roberto - You DA MAN! Thanks again for all your efforts keeping youe page updated and for having the cajones to stand up to corporate bullies.

No problem. That's a pleasure. 

By the way, I have already received a very scary  e-mail from Dolby. The same stuff as always - I wiil be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under law, blabla, blabla. They probably don't know they can't reach me in Brazil... 

But i'm afraid they'll try to scary the sysadmin - and, then, she'll probably shut my page. So, you'd better enjoy while it last.

Regards;

Roberto.

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #45
And they sent me the mail with attachments! Since I explicitly say in my page "Please, text-only e-mail without attachments.",
I choose to solemnly ignore it.

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #46
Am I wrong or psytel could encode files in the LC or LTP profile? Does psytel encodes with the Main profile?It would be nice to see also if the expanium supports files with the -archiving setting...

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #47
Yes, PsyTEL can encode in the LC profile or Main LTP.  After talking with Ivan, I believe he feels that LTP is a better solution than just Main, since apparently it allows for lower overall bitrates (through using fewer frames) while maintaining quality.

I too for that matter am interested in seeing if this player will work with a non LC profile encoded AAC.  It'd also be kind of cool to see some very high bitrate CBR and VBR tests (up to 300kbps and beyond) to see just how high this thing will go, since apparently it is able to go over the 160kbps stated in the literature.

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #48
Yeah, have to remember that LTP (long term prediction) is for MPEG4 audio only.

According to Ivan, LTP is also faster and not so sensitive to transmission errors like Main-profile's backward prediction.
Juha Laaksonheimo

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #49
LTP prediction showed similar performance (quality) as backward-adaptive prediction.

BWP prediction (Main Profile) is based on long prediction sequences ('P' frames) - this casuses problems with:

- Seeking (you need to find the first frame after the last predictor reset in order to reconstruct all frames)

- Problems if packet is lost in transmission (error is propagated in the following frames until the predictor reset is sent)

Also, Main profile prediction is very complex, taking 40% of the decoding time.